Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
You’re an experienced Product Manager ready to do the best work of your career. You know all about growth models, experimentation, and optimization strategies for not only acquiring but also activating and retaining users. You’ll tap into your exceptional analytic, organizational and interpersonal skills to lead the growth squad in delivering smart solutions.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop growth strategies to meet the diverse needs of different global markets and channels
- Define KPIs and setup analytics frameworks together with our data team
- Analyse user journeys and acquisition channels and turn them into growth opportunities.
- Lead a cross-functional team of design, engineering, analytics, and QA experts.
- Lead the implementation of ideas
- Run tests, get feedback from users and colleagues, crunch the numbers, and optimize new and existing product features.
- Be an advocate for both our users and our business, and drive product development that meets award-winning quality standards.
Why you will love it
- You’ll lead a high-performing squad and play a key role in delivering inspiring and targeted content to encourage people to get out and explore more.
- You’ll take ownership of your projects from day one. You’ll move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- This is a remote role on a remote team where open feedback, new ways of working, and thinking out of the box is not only encouraged but expected.
- You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users’ and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across the whole of Europe with a common mission – to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micromanagement and hierarchies.
- You get 38 days of annual leave (including public holidays, which vary by country)
- You’ll become part of a diverse and international team and you will travel with us for team gatherings to amazing locations like Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 3+ years of Product Management experience driving growth in a digital product company
- Have a software engineering degree and/or extremely strong technical/analytic background with a deep interest in data, numbers, new technology, and innovation
- Are excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You’re comfortable moderating technical discussions in a team of skilled professionals, communicating goals, and vision, and showcasing complex problems with a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions
- Have the ability to learn new processes and concepts fast with a demonstrated sense of curiosity
- Are intrinsic drive and motivation to build the biggest outdoor community in the world
- Have an appreciation for the outdoors, nature, and being active. You enjoy spending your time outside and you like to unwind in nature
- Bring English on a native level, buckets of patience, and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your account on GitHub, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, or your blog
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work