Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reports to: Planning and Customer Operations Senior Director
Effective date : ASAP, Permanent contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As our future Planning & Account Operations Director, you’ll join our International Distributors business and will Develop and leverage global strategies with cross-functional partners and customers to build and operationalize engagement models toward creating supply chain added values and competitive advantage.
You will be the Supply Chain strategic partner with the internal and functional stakeholders and distributors to support the business evolution, and define required capabilities and trade-off.
Most importantly, you will lead, engage, and develop people toward highly performing teams, while delivering consistent operational execution results.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Identify business evolution needs and bridge with Global supply chain strategy. Identify capabilities, project evolution requirement advocate, influence. Prioritize and balance projects vs business deliverable.
- Responsible to deliver Operational business results: ensure targets are set and consistently met following guidelines and best practices.
- Build, assess and grow team and processes toward a highly cross functional and performing team. Understand and consider cross functional, business requirements and impacts.
- Manage, train, coach and serve as a mentor to the Planning and Account Operations team. Provide leadership and expertise to the team and peers. Act as a change agent.
- Engage teams and partners with vision and purpose to develop a culture of change and continuous improvement.
- Engage team and cross functional partners to develop and enhance planning processes toward improvements of demand signal as well as management of financial targets.
- Create a consistent customer/consumer experience across brands while maintaining unique service execution.
- Proactively influence internal Supply Chain business partners to ensure the needs and objectives of the region are understood and supported.
- Act as intra-departmental resource and lead special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in customer service, supply chain or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in Supply Chain/Customer Operations/planning with direct people management required.
- An experience working with International Distributors would be a strong asset for this role.
- Apparel/footwear industry experience strongly preferred. A background within the FMCG/Cosmetics industry would also be preferable.
- Deep understanding of processes and levers in a developing Omni Channel Supply Chain.
- Proven knowledge and successful experiences in change management.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced experience using Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines
- SAP experience preferred
- Fluent in English. French knowledge would be an asset
- Leadership : Provide vision and purpose, management skills : assess, train, coach, provide feedback.
- Result oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and assertive in follow through with customers and business partners – demonstrate initiative and business knowledge.
- Passionate about learning and teaching new skills and always bring a Growth mindset at work!
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.