Timberland Portugal is looking for a Senior Quality Auditor to join our team based in Felgueiras , Portugal.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
This role is about ensuring that Vendors, under his responsibility, are compliant with VF expectations in terms of Standard Operating Procedures, Quality organization and, consequently, that goods shipped to DC’s meet VF quality standards.
The Sr. Quality Auditor will help his manager to handle the Factory Process Audit and from raw material receiving, trough cutting session, assembling / “cementing” area and all other departments until to final inspection and the outbound warehouse, the Sr. Quality Auditor is expected to identify all quality problems related to VF production. Together with his manager and in collaboration with the factory’s quality teams, the Sr. Quality Auditor will be a solution provider to overcome quality challenges arising at any step in the manufacturing process.
The Sr. Quality Auditor is also responsible for practical training of Vendor’s candidates for the CFA (Certified Factory Auditor program).
-Factory Process Audit
- Analyse Vendor’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Check factory departments organization and setup and ensure their compliance with VF expectations
- Anticipate quality issues that may arise in the manufacturing process
- Make inline and final audits
- Identify and provide solutions on production and manufacturing problems that might have impact on delivery and / or product quality
- Improve quality in the region
- Make risk analyse meetings with vendors
- Inspect materials, accessories, parts, components and products for colour, measurements, labels and overall quality
- Make judgment on acceptance and rejection of marginal quality cases
- Prepare, consolidate, update and fill audit reports
- Provide technical advice to factories to solve production and quality problems
- Give timeframe for factories to implement improvements
- Inspect samples (sub-assembly product samples, pilot-run samples or customers’ samples) including materials, accessories, parts, components etc.
-Certified Factory Auditors (CFA) Trainer
- Train the Vendor’s candidates for CFA program on Quality Procedure: Accepted Quality Level (AQL), sampling procedure for final inspections, How to measure, VF Brand Requirements, VF Final Quality Audit
- Defects Classification List with Codes and Zone Definition.
- Packaging, Labeling and Shipping Instructions
- Assist the VF Quality Manager during the CFA candidates examinations
Skills for Success
- University degree, ideally with Textile / Industry Engineering or Technical School (Footwear) degree are a plus
- 10 / 5 years’ experience in Footwear production / quality or, at least, on apparel products can be a plus
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, strong computer skills
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!