Timberland Portugal is looking for a junior Quality Controller to join our team based in Felgueiras, Portugal.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
This role is about ensuring goods shipped to DC’s meet VF quality standards.
From cutting to final inspection (trough stitching and assembling departments), the quality controller is expected to identify all quality problems related to VF production. Together with his manager and in collaboration with the factory’s quality teams, the quality controller will be a solution provider to overcome quality challenges arising at any step in the manufacturing process.
- Anticipating quality issues that may arise in the manufacturing process
- Make inline and final audits
- Identify and provide solutions on production and manufacturing problems that might have impact on delivery and / or product quality
- Improve quality in the region
- Make risk analysis meetings with vendors
- Inspecting materials, accessories, parts, components and products for color, measurements, labels and overall quality
- Making judgment on acceptance and rejection of marginal quality cases
- Preparing, consolidating, updating and filing audit reports
- Providing technical advice to factories to solve production and quality problems
- Specifying timeframe for factories to implement improvements
- Inspecting samples (sub-assembly product samples, pilot-run samples or customers’ samples) including materials, accessories, parts, components etc.
Skills for Success
- University degree, ideally with Textile / Industry Engineering is a plus
- 5 years’ experience in Textile on apparel products can be a plus
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, strong computer skills
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!