About the role
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who’ll take full responsibility for our social media strategy and its successful implementation. Your content and campaigns will inspire and engage the cycling and outdoor community worldwide. You will work with a highly skilled brand, copy, design, and community experts and you will have a lot of freedom and responsibility in your role.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
– Develop a social media strategy to increase brand awareness and drive engagement within the outdoor and cycling community.
– Research preferences of our community, trends and benchmarks, and our competitors on all relevant social media channels.
– Define ambitious goals, monitor all relevant KPIs, and report on our achievements on social media.
– Drive a successful brand presence, a fast-growing community, and a positive impact on our brand with engaging content and campaigns.
– Team up with our Brand Squad to generate, edit, publish and share engaging copy, photos, videos, and news.
– Team up with our Community Managers and Support Team to engage with our community on our social media channels. Interact with our ambassadors, influencers, and partners, and encourage our community to share content with us.
Why you will love it
– You’ll take full responsibility for our social media strategy.
– You’ll be working with a truly passionate community and inspiring adventure stories and content.
– You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
– You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across the whole of Europe with a common mission – to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
– We are a tech company with little organisational overhead focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micromanagement and hierarchies.
– You get 38 days of annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
– This is a remote role in a fully remote team. You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? – Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
– You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn)
You will be successful in this position if you have
– 5+ years of experience in social media management
– Successfully developed social media strategies before
– A deep understanding of the outdoor and cycling community
– Experience in various social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
– Excellent attention to detail, copywriting skills (English), experience with content creation
– Strong analytical skills and a methodical way to optimise our social media activities
– Strong organisational and internal communication skills
– Bonus: You are fluent in further languages
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
– Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
– A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
– Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your account on GitHub, Twitter, Instagram, Medium or your blog.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
– Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
– At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
– We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
– 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
– Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
– Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
– Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
– Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
– Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
– Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
– The latest devices and equipment to do your best work