Exped AG, based in Zurich and with a subsidiary in the USA (Tacoma, WA), is a globally active brand of innovative outdoor products such as sleeping mats, sleeping bags, tents, backpacks and outdoor accessories. Now our team is looking for support at the head office in Zurich as of 1.10.2022 or by agreement for a
Product Manager/Product Developer for backpacks and storage systems – 100%
who actively supports our innovative product management team. For this exciting and challenging position, you bring solid and proven professional experience and relevant skills.
Your main tasks
- Further development of EXPED backpacks and packing/storage systems (incl. dry bags and packsacks), incl. market research in the area of these product categories
- Design and development of prototypes for production: concepts need to be put into practice and tested right away
- Tight communication with suppliers, partner factories, vendors, other external and internal entities such as Sales and Marketing/Communications
- Very close collaboration with the internal design team as well as product management
- International travel is required: monitoring and inspecting production and visiting trade shows
- Procurement and sourcing of new materials and components
- Commercial responsibility for calculation and pricing of the backpacks/packsacks
- Completed education in the field of design, product management and/or textiles or proof of a few years of successful practice in product design and management
- A passion for the outdoors is an indispensable prerequisite, whether mountain or water sports, wilderness or week-long bicycle tours
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position in the outdoor/sports industry
- Communicative team player with a very structured and analytical way of thinking
- Very good language skills in English, ideally confident in both written and spoken German
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite and Windows applications is required, CAD as well as ERP system knowledge is an additional plus
- Willingness to take responsibility in a small team and successfully execute projects together
- Small, open-minded team and uncomplicated working environment
- Sufficient training time by the current job holders
- Open and flexible corporate culture
- Flat hierarchies with open communication and a lot of outdoor spirit
- Very good connection to public transport
- Progressive employment conditions and flexible working hours
We are looking forward to applicants who persevere on projects, see themselves as team players and enjoy working with people. The employment is preferably 100%.
For questions about the position, please contact Marc Raillard – phone +41 (0) 44 497 10 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this exciting, new job opening and have a high affinity for outdoor products, then we look forward to receiving your complete application dossier by e-mail to email@example.com. We are looking forward to it!