Do you want to take Helsport to the next level? Do you enjoy venturing outside your comfort zone and have the desire to create original, innovative new products that enable multi-day adventures? Helsport is looking for a Product Designer who loves multi-day adventures and sleeping out in nature!
As a Product Designer you have the responsibility for product design including conceptualization, function, fabrics, materials, trims and colors according to BRAV’s Global Timeline, always with a sustainable approach.
Does this sound like you? Apply with your full application, including CV, in English today!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for innovation, concept thinking and exploration
- Collaborate with the team to set vision for all product categories across the brand.
- Research, analyze and identify new trends and ideas.
- Research materials and techniques.
- Monitor market trends and undertake product benchmarking research.
- Collaborate with Helsport brand ambassadors to create products for pioneering explorations.
- Collaborate with research establishments, industry organisations and the complete manufacturing value chain to push forward what is possible in terms of performance and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the team to define and drive Helsport’s product design identity.
- Take ownership for Helsport’s colour and graphic strategy across all product categories.
Responsible for design and product development
- Design and develop original, innovative new products that combine function and aesthetics.
- Proactively follow the execution of all details from concept to a final product including conceptualization, function, fabrics, materials, trims and colors, always with a sustainable approach.
- Create functional prototypes to verify design intent.
- Ensure all products are thoroughly tested to evaluate designs to applicable performance and safety standards.
- Attention to strategic design to meet price targets.
- Follow up prototype creation and development until the delivery of pre-production samples, according to the product development process within BRAV’s Global timeline.
- Develop and maintain product specification and other product technical information updated in relevant PLM and PIM systems, for both new and carry-over styles.
- Specify fabrics, materials and trims in line with Brav’s performance and sustainability guidelines
Correspond with vendors
- Communicate daily with offices and factories to execute developments from concept to production ready products.
Presentation internally and externally.
- Professionally present product range, concepts and products to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the launch of the Helsport product range to BRAV’s commercial organization, preparing all necessary product launch documents and providing powerful tools and training to share the product vision and performance benefits.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Product Design or similar field.
- Min 3+ years product design experience. Preferably from the outdoor industry with experience of tent design.
- Knowledge of textiles, materials, manufacturing techniques and supply chain.
- A passion for design and performance perfection with experience of building prototypes for exploration and testing
- Very good English language skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and complete them successfully according to BRAV’s Global Timeline.
- Extensive proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software and Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of business applications tools (ERP and PLM) is a plus.
- Creative with commercial and conceptual thinking.
- A proven sustainable mindset.
- Professional attitude.
- Structured and methodical, knowing that the “devil is in the details”.
- Strong work ethics – willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done.
- Prioritize tasks and proactively address them.
- You are brave and dare to stand out from the crowd and do something different.
- Team player.
- A desire to venture outside your comfort zone, experience multi-day outdoor adventures and sleep out in nature.