At a Glance:
As a Sport Science Specialist, you will design and carry out a wide range of mainly human centred tests to support the optimisation of human and product performance. You will also serve a vital role in validating and maximising the impact of R&D’s products through both advising and testing. You will be integrated into the multi-disciplinary innovation team and have the opportunity to work with PM’s, developers, engineers and designers.
On’s Innovation team is responsible for On’s future innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On footwear from all other footwear product in the market. By joining the On Innovation Team, you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering and sports science.
- Work closely with product management, design, development and the innovation team to provide recommendations on future iterations for products based on experience and testing results
- Creates new Footwear and Apparel test designs and concepts based on Innovation project needs.
- Design and perform data collections utilising: High speed video, ground reaction force, in-shoe pressure, IMu’s, Mechanical testing equipment, Motion capture.
- Independently perform data analysis utilising: Matlab, VBA, visual 3D
- Make sure all testing is completed in accurate, repeatable and timely manner
- Assist in communication to marketing, design and the development teams
- Facilitate learning through providing guidance on new testing and research: teach any testing unfamiliar to analyst; teach any tools required for research assistance.
- Perform statistical analyses when necessary to support findings
- Prepare concept and results based reports and presentations, communications to technical and non-technical audiences. Internal: design, development, management; External: Product launch, media.
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network.
- Brainstorming sessions and research by being a catalyst for performance based solutions to complex problems
- Product ideation sessions and concept reviews
- Phd in Sports Science, Biomechanics or Sport product conception.
- 5 years of progressive working experience in the field of Sports science, Biomechanics or Mechanical engineering in the Sporting Goods industry
- Comfortable with independent data interpretation, statistics and the creation of summary results
- Demonstrated creativity professionally and personally
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management, prioritisation skills and ability to balancing short term tasks with long term goals
- Excellent soft skills. especially the ability to make people feel welcomed and appreciated with the ability to handle all kinds of characters
- Curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Fluent English, written and verbal
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.