At A Glance:
This position is based in Portland, Oregon. Available today in over 50 countries and cited as “the fastest growing sports company in the world”, On’s success comes down to two reasons: incredible products – and incredible people. It has one simple mission: make running fun. A team of sports scientists, world-class athletes and passionate sports enthusiasts spearhead this mission, and has resulted in On shoes and Performance Running Gear winning design and technology distinctions the world over.
Our Talent (HR) team is expanding to support On’s explosive growth and we are looking for an expert and leader in Talent Compensation & Benefits Operations in North America. We are looking for someone with an eye for efficiency and optimization, someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment at a global scale, and someone who is skilled at thinking outside the box. With your experience and leadership, you will bring the necessary expertise and guidance to the Talent Operations – North America team to creatively solve new challenges and deliver projects that move the needle.
- Oversee the US and Canadian payroll cycle processing ensuring accuracy and compliance with all federal and state payroll and regulatory compliance requirements
- Assess and maintain employee benefit programs and support team members with benefit related inquiries
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to Talent Operations team in North America
- Lead cross-functional projects that strive to deliver operational excellence and a seamless Talent experience for team members across their talent lifecycle. Examples include an EAP program, team member data quality, and employee handbook refresh
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Talent Business Partners as well as On leaders and external partners to answer questions and implement creative solutions within Talent Operations
- Manage and own Talent Operations year-end projects and audits for North America in close collaboration with the Finance and Talent Business Partner team
- Evaluate and drive how processes and workflows can be optimized to ensure robust systems, always looking for chances to automate and improve
- Be a central point of contact for international moves for team members in North America
- Drive further digitalization of the Talent space by leveraging our new HRIS Workday as a super user
- Other duties as needed
- 5+ years of Talent Ops experience with over 2 years experience in building and mentoring teams
- Deep understanding of Talent best practices, payroll and US employment law; Canada experience a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy thinking outside the box
- Extensive experience implementing processes, data, strong excel skills, systems and working with compensation and benefits providers
- History of successfully interacting with many stakeholders across and beyond the organization to drive projects from A-Z and deliver the WOW
- You enjoy deep-diving into complex and country-specific topics to find & implement simple and pragmatic solutions
- Strong understanding of the importance of systems and how we can utilize them to improve the way we work
- You love to collaborate; you have a can-do-attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset
What We Offer:
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.