At a Glance:
As Senior CMF Designer Accessories and Apparel, you will be responsible for driving ON’s CMF projects from a creative and strategic perspective across all of our verticals. You are a strong technical team player that brings outstanding knowledge in fabrics, trims, compounds and color processes. You also have a sharp eye for trends and cutting-edge technologies and designs.You will evolve in a very fast moving and cross disciplinary environment, partnering closely with Design, Innovation, Materials and PM team to bring our Accessories and Apparel range to form a peak CMF experience. This highly collaborative role will be challenging our existing, highly technical, established apparel range, whilst co-establishing more strategic projects for our growing Accessories range CMF language.
Your will be working in ON’s CMF team, highly creative, innovative and driven by our runners, hikers and urban explorers need’s. You will be rooted in our CMF & Design team which includes footwear, apparel, accessories and spatial designers who all closely collaborate with developers, product managers, innovation, art directors and marketing teams. You will extensively collaborate with our international Accessories and Apparel team on shaping the future ON’s products with a high focus on sustainability are top of our mind when looking into our future collections.
- Collaborate very closely with the CMF team on defining signature executions, trims, materials and color technologies that will bond our collections together, creating outstanding looks from head to toe.
- Together with the CMF and PM team define which strategic colors from our seasonal and core color palette will transcribe into accessories and apparel for the seasons you are working on, such as which styles will CO from previous collections.
- Foresee how specific materials will pick up dyes by translating and adjusting colors choices accordingly such as suggesting sustainable material shares and choices to your stakeholders. In collaboration with our R&D material specialists, you make sure that only materials which both fulfill all functionality and sustainability criteria are selected for projects you lead.
- Keeping an eye for the unusual, design, trends and new material technologies that will inspire your daily work that you are able to transcribe into great ideas and share with a wider team and the wider CMF team.
- Owning projects from concepts through final delivery by collaborating very closely with our Zurich based development team and our partners on creating and handing over clear briefs and improving the color and material process for production. Giving feedback on samples and labdips to material and development team that align with our Footwear products and our creative vision such as updating our collection overviews, looks and moods.
- Pro-actively hunt trends in regards to latest dyeing/coloring technologies in the industry and always challenge our standards in this field.
- You have completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Textile Design, Industrial/Product Design, or any other related field.
- You bring 5+ years of working experience in the CMF segment within the apparel and/or accessories, performance footwear segment or similar field.
- You bring a strong portfolio with proven experience working on Accessories and Apparel products where you have previously been engineered materials, trims, fabrics and innovating on dyeing techniques.
- You bring a great knowledge of competitor brands and are having a deep understanding of distribution partners and channels.
- You are able to manage complex projects whilst sticking to critical timelines and deadlines – at the same time working on overlapping seasons and projects along the year without loosing the overview.
- You are a higly positive team player, structured, pro-active and you easily communicate with your peers while you can oversee and organise the workload of a growing team.
- You are a strong communicator with proven experience presenting projects to a wider team of decision makers and adapting given the needs of different audiences
- Excellent 2D software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Experience in rendering programs are a plus. Fluent in English, written and spoken, any other language would be a plus.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.