At a Glance:
We are looking for an experienced Data Product Owner to join our data team and help us build, maintain and grow our tools and processes to empower everyone at On to impact business outcomes by making informed decisions.
You will have a critical role working with our stakeholders to capture and understand the business needs and translate these into technical requirements for the Data and Analytics Engineers. You are a passionate advocate for your stakeholders with a “can do” attitude that will drive the deliverables to completion.
This is a brand new role in the business, so you would have a great opportunity to make a major impact.
At On, we believe that technology can lead to great customer experience. In order to achieve that, we need to build smart and highly available solutions that can support and scale our business growth. The Central Data team is responsible for collecting, storing, processing and serving the data that is needed to drive and inform everyone at On.
As a Data Product Owner you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future data needs of our stakeholders
- Proficiently capture and summarize stakeholder needs and goals in clear and concise user stories
- Maintain the user stories in a prioritized backlog and effectively divide overall project goals into prioritized deliverables for sequential and focused progress
- Together with the team, design, evaluate and plan forward-looking data products that delight and inform our stakeholders
- Provide ongoing support to stakeholders and end users of our data products
- Monitor ongoing use of data products to help the team make invest/divest decisions
- As an early member of the team the decisions you make today will have a large impact on the company and our customers both now, and into the future
- 5+ years of experience in a data role (Data Product Owner, Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst)
- 3+ years of experience in a product owner position
- 3+ years of experience using Confluence or similar tool for requirements capturing
- 3+ years of experience using Asana, JIRA or other user story and task management tool
- Very good SQL skills
- A deep understanding of data warehousing, data modeling and ELT concepts
- Strong sense of ownership and deep understanding of agile methodologies
- Proactive and communicative, dedicated to providing insights and recommendations to all levels of stakeholders
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent tasks and have the capacity and willingness to completely own their lifecycle with minimal oversight
- Enthusiastic about innovating, excited to continuously learn and comfortable with ambiguity
- Proven track record in developing, delivering and maintaining modern data products
- Curious and understand existing and new technology trends in the data space
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual strives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.