At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Cloud Security Architect
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of controls and management strategies to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems with legislation, regulation and relevant standards – with a special focus on cloud platforms and services.
- Acts as a main security architect for cloud platforms and services (i.e. IaaS, PaaS).
- Provides advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards.
- Obtains and acts on vulnerability information and conducts security risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on complex information systems.
- Contributes to development of information security policy, standards and guidelines.
- Actively maintains recognised expert level security knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms, at least in IaaS, PaaS, and the underlying platforms and technologies.
- Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology on and integrating with services provided by public/private/hybrid cloud platforms.
- Have solid understanding of the use, implementation, and hardening of AWS services (e.g. EC2, S3, SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS IAM) and a working knowledge of other cloud provider solutions (i.e. Azure & GCP).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, including evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation.
- Applies standard methods to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
- Creates research reports to communicate research methodology and findings and conclusions. Contributes sections of material of publication quality.
- Uses available resources to update knowledge of any relevant field and curates a personal collection of relevant material. Participates in research communities.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- TECH / Platform Engineering
- Information Security
- Legal / Data Privacy
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Security
- Strong understanding & knowledge of cloud platforms and services (AWS, Azure, GCP), DevSecOps concepts, cloud native security,
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (e.g. CISSP, CCSP, CKS, CCSK, GCSA, AWS Certified Security Specialty)
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects
What we offer:
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Hybrid Work Setup: enjoy the advantages of a flexible remote work environment (within Spain) combined with the amazing onsite facilities and culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development and training, being part of an active and exciting tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- A job where you can demonstrate and boost your engineering and architecture experience while getting the wide adidas picture by collaborating with the different product teams
- An opportunity to grow as a leader
- A flexible and international work environment with lots of employee benefits (sports, flexible working hours, training & learning opportunities, etc.)
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas products.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
Do you have experience, or want to learn all the technologies we use? Are you looking for growing professionally within adidas? We are happy to receive your application.