VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager, Merchandising Action Sports to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Senior Manager, Merchandising Action Sports will manage all aspects of Vans Action Sports categories across all genders and product lines on behalf of the EMEA region.
You will specifically drive a key focus in Skateboarding and have a strong background and knowledge-base within this area. You will partner across the global and regional cross-functional teams to build a consumer-right, globally consistent and locally relevant product line that rolls-up to the brand strategy. You will own and drive all analysis, briefing, line review deliverables and go-to-market deliverables that reflect a productive and profitable product line.
Your knowledge of skateboarding, surf, bmx and snowboarding will provide the team a deep understanding of the consumer, product and marketplace. You will have exceptional merchandising acumen, demonstrate flexibility and lead with strong communication skills to deliver success in this role.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
Consumer & Competition
- Deep understanding of the EMEA Vans Skate, Surf, BMX and Snow consumer including their various profiles and their footwear, apparel and accessories needs across the marketplace
- Analyse and maintain competitive analysis and market knowledge to best inform line creation, pricing and strategic decision-making
- Drive Go-to-Market deliverables for all Action Sports categories including but not limited to PLM maintenance/accuracy, forecast, presentations and line lists
- Prepare clear and compelling presentation content to ensure key messages are communicated effectively to the EMEA marketplace
- Lead with a DTC and Digital mindset
Strategy and Line Development
- Prepare business analysis to inform and create future looking line plans (seasonal and strategic) that reflect global and regional strategies
- Partner with Planning and Finance to ensure SKU efficiency and Pricing processes are supporting business objectives
- Be fluent in all performance data for your line including bookings and sell-through
- Concept and create regional briefs to ensure local relevance within the product line; lead cross-functional collaboration between local design, product development, sales and MPM to ensure translation of concepts in marketplace
- Demonstrate clear understanding of product development timelines, calendars and technical aspects of Apparel and Accessories
Communication and Partnerships
- Build and activate key partnerships with Marketplace Merchandising, Sales and Marketing in order to achieve winning results in the market
- Partner with global and regional counterparts to inform and influence global line develop and decision making
- Partner with the other Merchants within the Product Category team to ensure alignment and synergy across Footwear, Apparel and Accessories
- Be accountable for your business by providing updates and key recaps to managers and leadership
- Indirectly lead the Manager, Merchandising Action Sports and Lifestyle Special Projects by providing clear guidance, direction and delegation of work tasks
- Demonstrate winning managerial skills by leading with purpose, empathy and compassion.
Skills for Success
You should be a passionate, experienced and engaged merchandiser, with:
- Deep understanding of the Vans brand, consumer and EMEA action sports industry and landscape
- Language skills: fluent in English (both written and spoken). Notions of German, French, Spanish and Italian would be a plus.
- Willing to travel frequently
- 7+ years of professional experience in the Action Sports industry with a focus on Skateboarding
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other Windows applications (Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc)
- Strong knowledge of PLM systems and data management
A University Bachelor or Master’s degree is required with first-hand experience in business, product, retail and the action sports industry.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!