You have a Logistics background, you are data and processes oriented, eager to work in a multi-cultural and changing environment?As Manager Control Tower Global Transportation, you will overlook the full picture “end to end” of our transportation activities and manage the information flows on a global scope. You will ensure the perfect execution of our processes and manage proactively exceptions whenever they occur. This role reports to the VP Global Transportation. You will also support the In- and Outbound Freight directors and the regional transportation teams to allow best performance in delivery.
Monitor transportation processes and streamline communication: work closely with our logistics teams: global transportation, inbound/outbound supervisors in the warehouses, Logistics Service Office (LSO) to manage exceptions and priorities. Maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders and actively collaborate with carriers’ management teams to provide the required operational support.
Manage transportation data, IT systems and performance KPIs: support In- and Outbound teams in RFQ (Request for Quotations), RFI (Request for Information) and tender management. Safeguard data-integrity within the transportation chain by checking the display of correct data and orders in our IT systems. As SAP and ShipERP key user, ensure a high level of data transparency and efficiency, using the Amer Sports IT systems linked to different providers.
Change management and continuous improvement: manage and develop control capabilities. Work closely with all stakeholders to provide the best supply chain solutions for our business. Validate and manage the implementation of improvements from an operational perspective.
- Fluent in German (location in Germany)
- Fluent in English – verbal and in writing
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, IT tools oriented (command of SAP is a plus)
- Knowledge in logistics/transportation
- Project management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized, Strong analytical skills
- Ability to lead and support changes
- Good communication skills, ability to drive cross functional teams
- University degree, Engineer or business / logistics school or equivalent working experience
- Fluent in German/English, both verbal and in writing
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in logistics/transport. Strong project and networking skills
- Good knowledge of Supply Chains and what drives them
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- An interesting role in an exciting industry
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
- Possibility to work from home 2 days a week
Please submit your application online.
When making the application, please state your salary expectation related to this role.