Vans is looking for an exceptional Junior Key Account Manager (full-time, permanent) to join our Sales team based in in the UK. This is a field based role which will involve regular travel (a company car or allowance will be included in the package.
Vans is part of the VF family. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The Junior Key Account Manager will develop and drive sales of Vans products within our pinnacle, lifestyle, and fashion accounts. You will effectively manage the pinnacle and fashion pillar and achieve all agreed targets and objectives.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Developing sustainable, profitable sales of Vans products through effective management of an assigned portfolio of key UK action sports independent customers
- Planning business to deliver sales in accordance with predefined sales and distribution targets.
- Identifying, open, and develop and maintain relationships with relevant prospective accounts, ensuring effective territory management and appropriate distribution spread, consistent with brand strategy
- Visiting assigned customers on a regular, appropriately scheduled basis, building long term business relationships. Sell relevant product ranges according to product distribution strategy and provide authoritative guidance for range selection.
- Pursuing and exploit opportunities for at once / in –season Sales utilising daily at hand and forward stock information.
- Completing Specified Reporting – manage data, including weekly contact schedule, weekly sales report, Quarterly Report, any other ad hoc requirements, and regular UK AS market updates directly to HQ
- Ensuring that presentation of the Vans brand in store, in print and online is maximised, is highly visible, and is consistent with the brand image and guidelines determined by your Manager and the Marketing department
- Accelerating the fashion & lifestyle business in the UK
Skills for Success
- You will have an ability to build relationships and interact with different people from various backgrounds
- A drive to achieve targets, reporting metrics and demonstrating your understanding of data to improve your own results
- An understanding of skate culture and heritage
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office
- This role will involve travel so a flexible approach and a clean driving license will be vital
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or master’s degree are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
On top of this, we expect that you will live and demonstrate our Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Due to the travel requirements of the role, a company car or car allowance will be offered.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!