Location: Geneva, Switzerland (include some travels across Europe)
Reports to: Europe Footwear Merchandising Director
Effective Date: April 2022, Permanent contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a motivated and highly driven individual to become our Footwear Product & Market expert within the European Go-to-Market organization (German market and digital channel focus) and a European Market expert towards the Global Product Footwear.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Play an active role in influencing and bringing insights to the Global Merchandising team to build relevant lines for the European markets (focus Germany and Wholesale.com) during the seasonal creation waypoints (Kick-off, First Adopt, Final Adopt)
- Elaborate, in collaboration with Sales, Channel Right Assortment Directions for wholesale.com and Top German accounts, making sure we maximize sell-in opportunities and sell-thru performance by bringing the right product, to the right consumer at the right place.
- Educate / Train EU Go-to-Market organizations on Footwear seasonal initiatives and products (sales meetings, training, pre-lines and sell-in support,)
- Collaborate to the EU Footwear SMU (special makeup) process for all eligible accounts, in conjunction with Sales, from Key Accounts needs identification to samples delivery, ensuring communication and alignment with Global stakeholders (Product, Design).
- Present products and assortments at all seasonal Go-to-Market waypoints: GTM Kick-off, Brief and Sales Meeting
- Manage the line selection for your category, in accordance with Global Footwear calendar and directions given by EU Footwear Director, to build the European assortments.
- Contribute to the seasonal forecasting process for your specific category, in alignment with business ambitions and strategic priorities. Contribute, in alignment with targets defined by Finance and Footwear Director, to the Gross Margin Program review, providing insights to Global Finance and Footwear on our margin projections and results.
Footwear Strategy Europe:
- Proactively support EU Footwear Director in building 3-year and seasonal strategies by providing market insights and expert point of view on the global direction and regional opportunities & challenges.
Go-To-Market Cross-Functional Support:
- As a footwear expert, bring knowledge and support to:
- Sales (Wholesale and DTC): in customers meetings, trainings and footwear related questions
- Marketing: for events organization (including internal events), campaign / activation creation and execution, footwear related questions
- Lead cross-function projects (Sales / Marketing / Merchandising APP & FTWR) to drive growth with specific targeted accounts.
- Passionate about the Outdoors and footwear products.
- German native or perfectly fluent and English fluent.
- Able to perfectly communicate and present technical material for product presentation (during Sales meetings and to Customers).
- Able to conduct complex interpersonal/intercultural interactions with colleagues and customers.
- Able to coordinate and perform special task/projects simultaneously and to operate independently within a matric organization.
- Able to influence positively your stakeholders.
- Able to work as a Team player in a demanding environment.
- University-level diploma or degree in Merchandising or related discipline. Related equivalent experience can substitute for education requirements.
- From 4-5 years of experience in Footwear Sales, Buying, or Merchandising functions.
- Knowledge/Expertise in Outdoor footwear
- Strong knowledge of footwear merchandising, materials, and some production techniques
- Some proven experience at problem-solving, decision making and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to modify shoes for market-specific needs in Europe
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.