At a Glance:
As the Sales Planning Director you will work in tandem with Sales leadership to drive profitable growth across the organization through strategic planning, implementation, forecasting and operational excellence. You will work cross functionally across the organization to plan for and bring the brand strategy to life and support the sales process in all areas needed to deliver happiness to our retail partners.
- Work with Sales teams to identify order book actions, issues and needed changes, document actions taken and/or identify the need for further decisions
- Build out future planning organization to support the customer and the business growth
- In alignment with the Sales Directors, lead the establishment of sales process and strategies and manage the execution of the sales planning function for all sales teams
- Regularly report business results to sales leadership against the financial plan and provide strategic direction on in-season sales and inventory forecasts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Liaise and communicate with all stakeholders/business counterparts across sales and organization including operations, HD, finance, Demand Planning, marketing, IT, other supporting functions and agencies involved, on a range of topics from business requirements to sales opportunities to align to the plan
- Ensure financial and non-financial managers are provided highly-accurate information and analysis to help support business decisions through management and analysis of selling analytics
- Develop strong strategic relationship with main key accounts and regional leadership to facilitate implementation of our strategy
- Drive the strategic planning for major customers both internally and externally to ensure smooth strategy execution
- Partner to prepare for key customer meetings and category reviews including setting goals, deck preparation, and financial plans
- Partner to plan and execute new product launches and GTM and marketing strategies
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share standard methodologies, and drive new system implementation and adoption
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Planning, Merchandising or related field preferred. Combination of experience and education will be considered
- 10 years of experience in relevant buying, planning, finance, merchandising, product, marketing and/or sales positions
- Experience with a large retailer, wholesaler or global sportswear brand preferred
- Expertise in sales strategy and providing solutions based on joint partner needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills with expert acumen in retail math and sell-in/sell-through KPI’s, supply chain, logistics
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.