At a Glance:
- Support on creating and executing materials based on our creative briefs as well as utilising suppliers’ capabilities to drive newness, specifically in the performance textile field (Wovens/Warp/Weft/Circular Knits etc)
- Collaborate with innovation teams and athletes to get direct performance feedback on functions and needs.
- Work towards material-specific targets in regard to the On sustainability roadmap in line with Material strategies.
- Utilise On’s current materials and identify opportunities for gains in material performance, sustainability and manufacturing efficiency.
- Feed materials quality, prices and production lead times into the PLM systems. Update database with pricing changes accordingly.
- Research and analyse new technologies and material trends and feedback to the wider materials teams.
- Continuously keep on top of the material library and tools for the product creation teams.
- Work with QA to ensure materials are going through testing
- Support with lap dipping process from Creation through to salesman sampling.
- Assist with strong relationships built with material suppliers and chemical vendors through clear communication and collaboration
- Liaise with all working level Apparel Design, Product Developers, Product Management, Material Innovation, Sustainability, Supply Chain as well as the Testing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology from a global leading university or related field.
- 3 + years in Apparel Materials, ideally within Performance Sportswear industry.
- Experience working with both Asia and European suppliers.
- Affinity for Sportswear Apparel design and technology, with a key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Understanding of the industry’s processes and eagerness to learn proactively as well as with full team support.
- Strong eye for product aesthetics with an opinion on how to think and act strategically.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.