Do you want to leave your mark and drive the consumer experience in one of our stores?
We’re looking for an outstanding Store Manager (full-time, permanent) to lead our The North Face team based in The Trafford Centre, Manchester.
As a Store Manager, you will lead and nurture a team, whilst displaying your own initiative to drive sales and customer satisfaction.
The North Face is part of the VF family. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places, and people to connect with.
Let’s talk about the role!
Our store managers have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation but give our managers the freedom to try out new solutions to drive sales and enhance customer experience.
How you’ll make a difference
We expect that our Store Managers deliver memorable retail experiences by:
- Leading, motivating and mentoring your store teams to drive a customer first approach
- Implementing our established retail processes whilst looking for ways to improve them
- Keeping on top of core retail operational procedures such as inventory, P&L etc
- Reporting performance metrics and demonstrating your understanding of KPIs to improve your store results
- Making sure your store looks great, in line with the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
What makes you the perfect Store Manager?
- You love interacting with customers. The joy of helping a customer find the perfect product is special and you get that. Working in a store can be demanding, no problem for you, as you are resilient and self-driven
- You know how to develop a great team who share your passion and vision to make every shopping experience outstanding. You take pride in mentoring employees, seeing them grow and having fun too!
- You have experience in all facets of running a store, including budgeting and planning, retail operations and merchandising
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English (another language is a plus but not necessary)
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office and different POS systems
- You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings, and holidays as necessary
On top of this, we expect that you will live and demonstrate our Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s in it for you?
We offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Most companies say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Along with this you will have:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From an induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training sessions, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally
- The opportunity to network with other Store Managers throughout Europe and with our head office
Free to Be
We strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful applicants for the interview stage.