At a Glance:
We are excited to offer the position of Sports Marketing Specialist to an entrepreneurial member of our growing Japan team. The Sports Marketing Specialist will drive the recruitment and management of athletes and team who will be the pinnacle of On’s spirits. Based on On’s mission to ignite the human spirit through movement, we set out to be close to athletes, providing the best technical gear that will enable their victories in the most prestigious competitions in Japan and across the globe. This role will further lead the collaboration with associations, institutions and official committees within road running, triathlon and trail running. On wants to inspire runners all over Japan.
As a part of Japan marketing team, you will not only be expected to work within Japanese office members, but also work closely with sports marketing team and other related teams in Zurich. Ambitious, forward thinking and extremely innovative, the joint efforts of you and the team will be the ultimate incarnation of On’s dream and aim at carrying On’s message to all athlete-inspired people in Japan and beyond.
This role is based in Yokohama, Japan.
- Drive and coordinate athlete scouting and recruitment, build out and further intensify the partnership with existing athletes and relevant stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with athletes, associations, institutions as well as official committees
- Elevate our brand presence through athletes to ignite the human spirit to movement and to inspire runners of all kinds
- Shape and drive On‘s efforts to be the number one brand among athletes with focus on road running, triathlon and trail running
- You’ve got a track record of working with athletes, preferably in road running, triathlon or trail running or even have been an athlete yourself
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, challenge conventional thinking and enjoy crafting game changing initiatives
- You understand the competitive athlete landscape and you are able to challenge and disrupt it across recruitment, engagement, service and more
- You are able to connect, influence and collaborate with athletes and institutions, ideally by bringing a strong network and access to talent, and you are a champion in supporting athletes to be at their best
- You are an ambitious individual but an even stronger team player
- Language skills required: Fluent Japanese / Business English
What we offer: