At a Glance:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and PR savvy team member to help build On’s brand awareness and credibility in Japan, specifically with key running, outdoor and trade media. The right person will be a lover of the outdoors with a passion for creative brand storytelling and a finger on the pulse of the sportswear industry and ever changing media landscape. Reporting directly to the Communications Manager in Japan, this role will work closely with the Japan marketing team and global PR/communications team.
We’re on the frontline and we tell the story. We shape the debate and get into people’s minds. Did we mention we write? And write. And write. The beauty of our team is that we get to play a pivotal game at On – and we get to play with all of our product portfolios (running, outdoors, fashion). So if you love networking and connecting as much as words and story-telling, this team is ready to welcome you Onboard.
- Create global PR roadmaps and support the international PR team on the development of the worldwide strategy and campaigns
- Develop + own the PR strategy and media relations of On’s Performance Running and Outdoor verticals
- Seed product to target media and influencers for reviews, gear guides, long-form brand stories, etc.
- Proof-read and, if necessary, rewrite media statements
- Organize and execute events, interviews, and press conferences
- Reporting on PR highlights including reach and impact around product campaigns, major brand moments, news releases, etc.
- Other duties as needed
- You have 3 years of PR experience, preferably within running/outdoor adjacent brands in PR agency
- You have built a network or familiarity with the media working in the sports and fashion space
- You have a love of running, movement and/or the outdoors
- You are a multitasker
- You are preferably based in one of our key media markets: Tokyo, Yokohama
- You are willing to travel 30% for media events, industry events, internal off-sites, etc.
- You have strong communication skills in Japanese (Native), written form in English (Advantage)
- You thrive in entrepreneurial and creative environments with a ‘no rules’ mentality
What we offer: