Finance Manager, EMEA
At Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential.
We want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.
COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people—in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
As the Finance Manager for EMEA, you will be responsible for owning all group and statutory reporting, overseeing local compliance and controls.
You will work in collaboration with the Senior Finance Manger to develop the team, and deliver EMEA finance projects.
- Own the General Ledgers and all internal/external reporting and compliance requirements for the EMEA legal entities for the retail and eCommerce channels
- Complete assigned financial close procedures and preparation of monthly / quarterly accounts and any other necessary reports of European entities, Retail and eCommerce channels
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team on the preparation and review of monthly results
- Prepare and coordinate year-end information for audits and completion of local statutory accounts per filing deadlines
- Ensure SOX / Internal Audit compliance for all EMEA entities
- Develop great working relationships with our Retail Operations and eCommerce teams to ensure any impact on accounting and financial close can be detected in advance
- Create close working relationships with the Operations and Logistics team to facilitate better process and greater understanding of inventory, freight, and duty areas
- Collaborate closely with the EMEA Payroll team to ensure the correct accounting treatments and internal controls on payroll transactions are followed
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Manager on engaging with key EMEA stakeholders in support of projects and day to day service
- Implement and encourage a positive working culture within the team to foster continuous improvement
Who You Are:
- Always acts with a high degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sometimes highly sensitive matters in the appropriate manner
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- An excellent problem-solver and able to apply technical knowledge and accounting fundamentals
- Uses self-guided judgment in performing all duties of the position
- Able to effectively prioritise and implement tasks in a high-pressure, fast moving environment
- Fosters and processes change and able to implement transformation initiatives
We would love to hear from people with:
- Professional Finance Qualifications (ACA or equivalent) with credible industry experience
- An in-depth understanding of US GAAP and European local GAAP
- Previous experience within an EMEA / US facing and multi-currency environment is a plus
- Experience of SOX Controls is a plus
- Expertise in guiding and developing teams
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants embracing their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.