At a Glance:
As CMF footwear design intern, you will work very closely with the design team of ON shaping the future of On products line ups in terms of materials, colors and finishes. You will evolve in a very fast moving environment where you will be involved in the full color process starting from color conceptualisation until briefing for production of market right products. You will keep an eye on trends, colors and dyeing processes in the industry and always challenge our standards in this field. In addition to this, your daily work will lead you to collaborate closely with the design and material team on searching, developing and pre-selecting innovative fabrics, materials and finishes for upcoming projects for some specific products of our collection.
You will work in the On design studio within an international team, shaping our future collections. The design team includes footwear, apparel and spatial designers who all closely collaborate with developers, product managers, color & material and innovation specialists, art directors and marketing professionals.
- You have an eye for the unusual, design, trends and new material technologies inspire you daily work that you are able to transcribe into great ideas.
- You help building up the color & material library with your discoveries and researched and share your inspirations with the team via our digital/physical color library.
- You create color proposals across the range you will focus on, implementing the creative vision with the seasonal color palette previously defined and collaborate on line-ups which get developed.
- You collaborate very closely with the CMF & material teams on researching materials for allocated projects which both fulfil all functionality and sustainability criteria are submitted as pre-selections to the footwear design team.
- You support the team in creating and handing over clear briefs for sampling.
- You own your projects from design concepts through final delivery.
- You have completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Product, Industrial, Material or Footwear Design.
- You bring 1+ years of working experience specifically in the CMF (color, finishes, materials) segment in the industry.
- Experience working with textiles and knits would be an asset such as understanding of material application to footwear design.
- Big interest and passion for the outdoor industry and upcoming trends in this specific field would be a plus.
- You are organised, structured and pro-active and easily communicate with your peers.
- You have the skills to present what you have done with big confidence to a bigger team of decision makers.
- Excellent 2D software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Team player and positive mind set.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, any other language would be a plus.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.