At a Glance:
Product excellence and innovation is at the heart of our success. Achieving a leadership position in the marketplace requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders. The Accessories Developer will be responsible for driving this creation and being a part of the development to bring real product to life. With a process, a detail orientated mind coupled with a passion for innovation this position will be part of the creation of tomorrows effortless performance apparel.
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our Accessories collections. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Development, Design and Innovation to create something extraordinary.
- Build and be part of the team that realises a collection that pushes the boundaries of our soft accessories, responding to the needs of ON consumers (Including but not limited to; Headwear/Gloves/Trims)
- Develop products and construction techniques that meet design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined cost and functionality requirements
- Work with design to produce Tech Packs for seasonal assortment to assure that quality expectations are understood by suppliers
- Manage all details of tech pack development including technical artwork, material and component specifications, colour application through utilisation of Adobe Illustrator, Excel and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Organise and take part in fitting / prototype sessions to assure clear communication with factories on changes
- Feed materials quality, prices and production lead times into the PLM systems. Update database with pricing changes accordingly
- Work with QA to ensure materials are going through testing
- Source new fabrications to develop innovative and technically superior products each season
- Build strong relationships with key business partners; material and trim suppliers and garment manufacturers
- Utilise On’s current materials and identify opportunities for gains in material performance, sustainability and manufacturing efficiency
- Manage and maintain sample material and product library, archive systems and keep on top of the material library and tools for the product creation teams.
- Manage seasonal colour lab dipping from kick off through to bulk for designated product groups
- Bachelor’s degree or above in technical education in Product Development or Textile Sciences/ Textile Engineering
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in Soft accessories development(or similar), material development experience is highly desirable
- Affinity for contemporary and performance soft accessory design and knowing to read and translate On’s design vision and product strategy
- Solid level of technical skills, such as knowledge in pattern cutting, manufacturing and material constructions.
- Passionate about translating and realising the On design vision into a refined and leading product
- Organised and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- International experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a sense for the market
- Good experience in Adobe illustrator, photoshop & Microsoft Office
- Able to work at a fast pace and think and react quickly with the ever changing environment
- Able to travel on a regular basis between HQ and production and development partners
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.