Timberland Global is looking for an exceptional Product Developer – Bags (maternity cover for a period of 9 months) to join our Product Development team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland you will develop products for the designated product category, ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction, the global business needs, regional sourcing capabilities and quality standards.
You will utilize your technical skills, attention to details, and ability to manage complexity, to identify and propose the best solutions to deliver valuable work in a timely manner.
Interact constantly with category team members in Design and Product management to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience.
Own the evolution of product from concept to salesman samples and into bulk production for the designated category.
Be the pivotal role in the product creation team to turn product concepts into reality and accelerate business growth and relevance.
Strive to create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Green where applicable.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Work in close partnership with Designer and PM on the designated category and drive the review of new styles, proving guidance to deliver cost targets aligned with style details and related construction as well as following up materials / trims.
- Be accountable to meet style FOB targets, ensuring Timberland quality and fit standards are executed while adopting structured methods and processes to improve workflow
- Translate designs into full specification packages with accurate technical details, bill of materials, construction details, size specs and grade rules
- Proactively offering suggestions for improved construction, aesthetics, and manufacturing enhancements
- Support the Development Manager to plan and track development schedule of all assigned products to ensure timely completion
- Develop strong relation with Regional Sourcing teams and work together with vendors to ensure all products meet required standards
- Ensure all key global deadlines are upheld
- Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
Skills for Success
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (Bags and Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in Product Development and/or Technical Services in a medium or large sized apparel company
- Must have a track record in assisting in the product development of designated category, implementing efficient procedures to meet calendar and development goals
- Solid knowledge in garment construction and live model fitting
- Proficient PC skills (MS package, Adobe Illustrator)
- Excellent attention to details
- Aptitude for systems and systematic work
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interactive skills
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!