At a Glance:
We’re looking for a Senior Concept Creator to join our Innovation design team. You will be part of the team that performs scientific and technological investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge. Your experience in pattern making, sewing and building prototypes will be a key component to our process of building and testing world class product for our elite athletes. You’ll effectively define and communicate product details, features, construction requirements, and critical equipment and design criteria to our design, development and production partners as new techniques and processes are explored and transition from concept innovation to commercialisation. You’ll provide breakthrough ideas in collaboration with our Innovation partners. You’ll translate design inspirations into a 3-dimensional product, through collaboration with core innovation teams. You’ll be immersed in a culture of hands-on problem-solving, and surrounded by a community of independent thinkers and autonomous doers.
It’s our purpose to disrupt the footwear market with innovative, highly functional designs. Understanding the consumer’s needs, we translate them into efficient and successful products that are both functional and design-driven. We deliver performance without compromising on style, working at the intersection of design, innovation, product management, development and testing.
- You’ll work on projects from innovation to inline product with a focus on prototyping, engineering and problem solving for new concepts using the following skills: Ideation & Visioning, Research/Engineering, Project Management
- You’ll collaborate with the Innovation design team to lead, assess and prioritise franchise level concepts. You’ll provide breakthrough ideas in collaboration with our Innovation partners and challenge the status quo
- You’ll translate design inspirations into a 3-dimensional testable prototype
- You’ll create superior level concepts primarily for Footwear but stretch into apparel and accessories
- You will fabricate and assemble new R&D; concepts utilising all resources and equipment on hand within the our Innovation prototyping Center, not specifically inclusive of the following; Laser, Embroidery, Stitching, Assembly, Digital Printing, Digital cutting, 3-D printing, Milling and customised tools
- You’ll anticipate innovation needs, solve for new, unique situations and plan resource requirements
- Through research, you’ll find new ways to craft footwear, pushing the boundaries of manufacturing and tools influences process changes for better product.
- You’ll provide feedback on but not limited to: material choices, methods, file types, adhesion alternatives, etc.
- You’ll work with multi-disciplinary teams including all of product creation and manufacturing pillars
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in concept creation / pattern making within the sporting goods, apparel/fashion, product industry
- Bachelor or master’s degree in footwear/product/industrial or engineering
- You’re able to develop innovation projects turning concept ideation into reality by working in, or with, cross functional teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party vendors
- You know how to lead multiple projects at one time and prioritise work according to potential impact
- You meet sophisticated challenges with imaginative, pioneering approaches supported by feasible solutions
- You’re able to deliver high-level presentations regarding product details, features, construction requirements to innovation leadership
- You contribute to a team culture in which the On Spirits are lived daily supporting the creation of a highly motivated and diverse team with a can-do attitude
- You are fluent in English, other languages are a plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.