At a Glance:
As a Data Engineer within our Direct to Consumer (DTC) vertical, your mission will be to ensure that the power of our database is maximized. You will be responsible for bringing in, structuring and modeling data to provide clean and reliable datasets so that different users within the organization can work with them tackling challenges across loyalty, retention, customer acquisition, omnichannel presence and digital product development. Your role entails extracting, transforming, loading, testing, and documenting data and building pipelines providing accurate information and actionable insights to the business focusing on reproducibility and scalability in a dynamic business context.
You are comfortable managing multiple concurrent data projects and have the capacity and willingness to completely own their lifecycle autonomously. You are enthusiastic about innovating, optimizing code to increase efficiency and performance and understanding existing and new technology trends in the data space. You will be collaborating with other Digital and DTC teams utilizing your analytical, programming and communication skills to find, extract, collect, transform, clean, preprocess and interpret large data to provide reliable information to various stakeholders.
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This team of interdisciplinary all-stars are used to rapid turnaround times and ambitious targets. From engineers to designers, data scientists and digital marketers, this is the team responsible for creating winning digital products and campaigns that run the length of the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed – what else?
- Develop data engineering solutions integrated with our digital products to solve difficult challenges and to contribute to smart decision-making
- Model raw data or enrich available one into clean, tested, and reusable datasets performing complex data transformations in SQL according to the ETL paradigm. Also, manage data scheduling and orchestration services and analytical pipelines having a good command of Python.
- Use SaaS platforms to continuously extract the underlying data from existing databases and centralize it in cloud data warehouses and building the foundation layer for dashboards and self-service reporting
- Maintain data documentation to ensure that everyone on the team uses the same definitions and language and have the same understanding of available features. Work closely with Bi team to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Interact with stakeholders like Digital Marketing, Customer Experience, Digital Product Development and Retail Teams pursuing the realization of our shared company objectives. Conceptualize data solutions based on the inputs from the business.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a data engineer or analytics engineer in a DTC or Ecommerce business environment with a clear understanding of data warehousing, data modeling and ETL concepts.
- You have advanced SQL expertise, while experience with Python is a strong plus.
- You have experience in building end-to-end data pipelines and modeling data using dbt or similar tools – managing data collection processes, improving data quality, and optimizing code performance.
- Having experience with building end-to-end machine learning pipelines implemented in Google Cloud Platform, and knowledge of Cloud Functions, Dataflow, AutoML, Vertex AI and Google’s pre-trained models such as the Vision API is considered a plus.
- Having experience with data visualization tools like Looker including coding in LookML and dashboard creation is a plus.
What we offer: