At Mizuno we're looking for a Sales Manager Germany & Austria to join our team.
At Mizuno we’re looking for a Sales Manager Germany & Austria to join our team.
About the job
In EMEA region, Mizuno has several local country offices around Europe as well as a wide network of distributors representing the brand in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
For the geographical area Germany and Austria, the Sales Manager develops business and marketing strategies in close cooperation and consultation with the Country Manager, Key Account Management, Category Management and Marketing Manager. He looks after defined key accounts, works pro-actively with the Country Manager and the Key Account Managers, is responsible for the required growth of the field customers. The Sales Manager, Key Account Managers and Category Managers report to the Country Manager, the Field Account sales team reports to the Sales Manager.
The G/AT Sales Manager should work from the Mizuno office in Munich, but has the opportunity to work in the Showroom in Mainhausen and partly in the home office, will travel mainly in Germany with the sales team, partly visit key accounts in Austria and attend sales related meetings at the headquarter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
The G/AT Sales Manager will maintain solid relationships with the Mizuno existing customers, but will also implement personal contacts to important key and field customers in the categories, Running, Indoor, Tennis and Soccer. A successful sales manager must be able to generate the necessary sales growth as a basis for future growth areas, analyse data and sales statistics and translate these into strategic measures.
- Manage and drive the strategic Mizuno Inline Sport & Sport Style business in collaboration with the Country Manager, including further developing and supporting a selective distribution policy and a strategic cascading process to contribute to our MDG growth.
- Maximize the Mizuno Inline Sport & Sport Style business through new and existing retail partnerships in Germany and Austria. Focus on growth with multichannel customer.
- Responsibility for achieving defined sales and growth targets as defined in our 3 – 5 year budget plan.
- Managing, controlling and assisting our sales team to achieve the defined sales targets.
- Ensure all sales collaterals, price lists, presentations and necessary information are completed in a timely manner prior to the sales season. (e.g. one pager, sales packages, conditions, core products and assortment planning with the respective buying groups).
- Prepare the respective sales history for the after sales customer meetings, or our budget negotiations for future growth areas with the respective customers.
- Take responsibility and ensure that we will have good sales with the defined responsible KA customers or the respective FA customers.
- Lead the sales team (including our freelance sales representatives) and support the team to re-establish a foothold with existing and new customers.
- Define potential retail growth partners (generalists, specialists and chain stores) and fine tune all activities with the Country Manager to achieve our required qualitative and quantitative target.
- Expand and maximize our existing business with Intersport and Sport 2000 in all categories with a focus on Running, Indoor, Tennis and Soccer.
- Actively build a strong relationship with FA customers and attract new key strategic generalists or specialists.
- Managing and solving the challenges of our strategically important customers, coordinating the future implementation of an EDI connection with our top 5 largest customers and initiating the necessary next steps in cooperation with our Sales Controlling & Supply Chain Management in Rotterdam. (In accordance with the Country Manager).
- Main contact person for the Field Account customers and the sales team for all daily business cases.
- Direct reporting in all sales aspects of the daily, weekly and monthly business to the Country Manager.
- Provide the Country Manager, Category Management, Marketing, Customer Service, Logistics and Supply Chain with the necessary information to meet the needs of our key customers in a timely manner.
- Accurately monitor and report on achievements, movements, targets and forecasts to the Country Manager, Sales Controlling, Account Teams and Stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the needs and requirements of our buying groups and premium customers and develop timely solutions.
- Negotiating contracts with KA customers in cooperation with the Country Manager and setting deadlines to achieve each customer’s short and long-term goals.
- Regularly evaluating and initiating appropriate sales targets for the sales team as a basis for the variable bonus agreement in coordination with the Country Manager and his topline targets.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- at least 5-year (sportswear) industry experience.
- Independent and hands-on attitude.
- Experience managing Key Accounts, a sales team and building strong relationships.
- Solid understanding of financials including P&L impact.
- Experience with account planning and building sales strategies.
- Sound business & financial acumen.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be fluent in English and German.
- Team player.
- Passion and interests in Sports
What we offer
A dynamic role within a successful and established international sports brand.
A competitive salary and good secondary conditions, and a company car, also for private use.
Flexible working hours and (partly) working from home.
Space for talent and personal development.
International work environment with ambitious colleagues.
Being part of a group of people who are working towards the same goal: grow the brand as big as possible, without losing the high-quality standards and philosophy out of sight!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Sales Manager Germany & Austria? Then we’d love to hear from you!