At a Glance:
This is your opportunity to become a core part of On’s Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team and take on the responsibility to lead On’s soon to open flagship community store in London on Regent Street.
As the first hire of the London store team, On will rely on you to help co-define the various store operation processes ahead of the opening. That includes supporting our Talent team in hiring a dream team of service-minded Sales Associates who will- under your leadership – run the store on a daily basis after the opening.
Once doors will have opened, you will be in charge for the store’s overall performance and to deliver exceptional customer service every day. You will oversee all store related operations from inventory to IT systems to customer flows, as well as all internal team related responsibilities. By setting new standards how a flagship store can and should be operated, you will be in prime position to advise on the future store openings across Europe.
As you might expect from a young consumer brand, the DTC team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This team of interdisciplinary all-stars are used to rapid turnaround times and ambitious targets. From engineers to designers, to data scientists, to digital marketing specialists to retail store designers and store associates, this is the team responsible for creating winning tools, campaigns and experiences in On’s online and offline channels that run the length of the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed – what else?
- Continuously embody and communicate On’s values and brand philosophy to internal and external customers
- Manage schedules for all store associates, collaborate with our talent team on Talent administration processes (e.g. payroll, onboarding, career progression and recruiting)
- Act as the in-store troubleshooting expert for On’s store systems
- Oversee inventory management and processes
- Monitor the Loss Prevention Program to protect the Company’s inventory and assets and minimize annual shrink
- Support piloting, innovation and implementation of digital solutions in retail environments by working closely with our retail tech and omnichannel team
- Execute product strategy and work closely with our sales planning and trade marketing team for assortment selection and visual merchandising
- Continually offer direct feedback and support to Store Associates and facilitate bi-annual performance reviews for Store Associates
- Implement initial and ongoing learning and development programs for the store team while collaborating with Learning & Development Specialist
- Provide exceptional service to each and every customer
- Create an inclusive workplace culture by treating all employees and customers with respect
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitor what local competitors are doing
- 6+ years of experience in a retail setting
- 4+ years in a management role at a customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer
- Ability to confidently lead a team, oversee operations, sell product and drive financial performance
- Operational retail excellence experience, e.g. SOPs, Inventory management experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit who expects the unexpected and takes calculated risks to deliver results
- Affinity to digital innovation and savviness in retail tech systems is a strong plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude to proactively anticipate future store needs
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Any other language is a plus
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, climbing stairs, and standing for consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs.
What we offer: