At a Glance
The world’s fastest-growing sports brand is expanding its risk and internal controls team in ourand we’re looking for Controls Lead – North America. We are excited to offer this role to an independent, experienced, critical thinking, problem-solving individual who can assist in leading risk and internal controls implementation, guide operations, act as process subject matter expert and naturally have a can-do attitude. You will work in an environment where we make ideas happen fast, and you can react quickly and proactively supporting our internal controls framework over financial reporting. With your proven subject matter knowledge, you will help in different implementation projects guiding the business and IT operations on risk and internal controls , growing with the company.
Join us and be part of our forward-thinking and action-orientated international finance team. We constantly strive to handle growth and to shape tomorrow’s best-practices by thinking differently, acting cross-functionally and making use of the latest technology. We live with agile values, not just talk about it. You will work with both finance and IT operational teams in your role.
- Lead On’s business and IT first line of defense in internal controls over financial reporting implementation, operations and remediation subject to Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002
- Actively take part in scoping internal controls’ coverage across On businesses
- Act as process lead across business and IT process to guide first line of defense on execution of standard controls operations and consistency of controls’ execution across businesses
- Leverage your experience and skill sets to strengthen and improve On’s business and IT processes to drive optimization and efficiency across the business
- Own and maintain On’s internal controls methodology
- Interact with On’s first line of defense, provide guidance on design, operation and remediation of controls
- Take part in On’s management testing including business process controls, IT general controls, automated controls, third party controls among others.
- Responsible for controls’ remediation guidance, monitoring of effectiveness and reporting to senior stakeholders
- Actively engage in fostering subject matter focused learning and development across lines of defense
- Aid On’s Global Controls Lead in reporting internal controls’ effectiveness across the business to senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and oversee external service providers aiding On’s journey to create and maintain an effective internal controls framework over financial reporting.
- Interacting and liaising with On’s external auditors as required
- Other duties as needed
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIA etc.) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA)
- 5+ years of experience:
- Auditing or consulting US listed companies or Foreign Private Issuers (FPIs) subjected to Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002 as part of public accounting firms (Big4 or similar) or have been part of internal controls team (second line of defense) within industry for companies subjected to Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002.
- Experience with risk and internal controls as an internal auditor within other organizations will also be considered.
- Experience with both business process controls and IT (General and automated) controls.
- Skilled within a global ERP solution; additionally knowledge of D365 F&O or earlier versions is desirable (not necessary)
- Proven independent mindset, ownership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and organized person, with excellent communication skills, fast learner, who can leverage prior experience in providing tailor made solutions
- Driven individual who is committed to a high degree of accuracy and embracing continuous improvements by proposing better way of doing things
- Understanding stakeholder needs and requirements in a fast-changing environment with ability to deal with deadlines and delivering based on priorities
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently
What We Offer: