Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Komoot is a tech company where data plays a decisive role. As our new senior data analyst, your work will be invaluable in driving key product decisions. Being part of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and designers to improve the user experience of millions of outdoor enthusiasts. You’ll surface user behavior, analyse trends, take part in shaping the product roadmap, identify the most valuable improvements and measure their impact in A/B tests.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Turn data into actionable insights about our users to drive product decisions
- Spot strategic opportunities in the data and help shape squad roadmaps
- Design metrics to measure the success of key features
- Create visualisations to highlight trends and user behavior
- Build dashboards and continuous reports to monitor product KPI’s
- Design events to track new product features
- Design and analyse A/B tests
- Organize and prioritize tasks of our data analytics roadmap
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across Europe with a common mission – to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead, focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micro-management and hierarchies.
- You get 38 days of annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
- This is a remote role in a fully remote team. You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us (https://bit.ly/39xtIrn).
You will be successful in this position if you
- Love solving problems and have a burning desire to transform data into actionable insights
- Have 3+ years of experience with product analytics, cohort analysis, A/B testing and retention analysis
- Are fluent in SQL and Python data analytics libraries
- Have great communication and team skills
- Have Strong attention to detail
- Are familiar with statistical concepts
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English, highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Examples of your public work if you have any (e.g. GitHub, blog)
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work