At a Glance:
As a sport science specialist, you will design and carry out a wide range of mainly human centred tests to support the optimisation of athletes and product performance. You will also serve a vital role in validating and translating the results into recommendations for new athletes product development. You will be integrated into the multi-disciplinary innovation team and have the opportunity to work with PM’s, developers, engineers and designers.
You have curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for gaining insights into the field of sport.
On’s Innovation team is responsible for On’s future innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On footwear from all other footwear product in the market. By joining the On Innovation Team, you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering and sports science.
- Plan and perform all kinds of physical performance and human perception product tests mainly in the field, but also sometimes in the Lab, within the given timelines and according to the latest testing standards.
- Work closely with athletes and the innovation team to provide recommendations on future iterations for products based on experience and testing results.
- Design and perform data collections utilising High speed video, ground reaction force, in-shoe pressure, IMu’s, Mechanical testing equipment, Motion capture and Spiroergometry
- Independently perform data analysis.
- Make sure all testing is completed in accurate, repeatable and timely manner
- Assist in communication to marketing, design and the development teams
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming athletes/elite performance research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network.
- Contribute to product ideation sessions and concept reviews
- Follow the athletes across the globe with consistent amount of traveling and be ready to be quick on your feet to solve on-the-field potential setbacks.
- Master’s degree in biomechanics, physiology, sport science, (bio)mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive working experience within the Sports Science field. Experience with Athletes is a plus.
- Hands-on approach, problem-solving skills that are applicable to real-life scenarios (e.g., Athletes has an injury during a field test, or a system breaks down outdoor and it needs to be fixed somehow).
- Comfortable with independent data interpretation, statistics and the creation of summary results
- Experience working with motion capture, pressure / force plates, altitude chamber and spiroergometry in the lab and in the field
- Comfortable using and programming Matlab and/or Python
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Demonstrated creativity professionally and personally
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management, prioritisation skills and ability to balancing short term tasks with long term goals
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to make people feel welcomed and appreciated with the ability to handle all kinds of characters
- Fluent English, written and verbal
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.