At a Glance:
Our direct to consumer business is performing and growing strongly, which is why we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to scale On’s online business to the next level. As an experienced and agile engineer you will take care of our infrastructure to ensure scalability, security and performance. You will be sitting in our office in Berlin and collaborate closely with the digital team in Zurich and Berlin
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in a cross functional team together with a product manager, software engineers, digital designer and data specialists to build new digital products and meet ambitious targets throughout the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed.
- Ensuring easy scalability by working on scale-out solutions for application servers and databases
- Keeping our web apps secure (fixing security vulnerabilities in code, ensuring security of infrastructure and deployment processes)
- Making our web apps performant all over the world (multi-region deployments, CDN improvements)
- Noticing problems immediately by introducing smoke tests and doing load tests
- Constantly improve the performance of our web apps by identifying bottlenecks (e.g. with load tests) and fixing them
- 5+ years of experience in a leading web agency, digital company or an “on the edge” brand
- You have very deep knowledge of web app deployments and infrastructure
- You are well versed with AWS (currently our web apps are deployed with Elastic Beanstalk and talk to an RDS database)
- You are up to speed with the latest DevOps trends (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes …)
- Having worked with Ruby On Rails apps and knowing the intricacies of the framework is a big plus (our web apps are implemented with Ruby On Rails and we use the Solidus framework for all things E-commerce)
- E-commerce background, ideally with a shop system like Spree or Solidus is a big plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!