At a Glance:
We are excited to offer the position of Performance Footwear Designer Performance All Day within our Design team. You will work in a very fast-moving environment where you will be involved in the full design process of footwear creation starting from concept research to product briefings for production.
You will work in the On design studio within an international team, shaping the future On product line up. The design team includes footwear, apparel and spatial designers who all closely collaborate with shoe developers, product managers, material and innovation specialists, art directors and marketing people.
- Be an integral part of the Footwear design team and own your projects from design concepts through final delivery
- Work closely with Innovation, Materials, Product Development and the Product Managers
- Develop concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- You will collaborate with our Zurich based development team and our Vietnam based development team on creating functional and performance-driven products
- You will research into market and consumer trends to help define future opportunities relevant to the companies vision.
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree in footwear, product or industrial design
- You have at least 8 years of footwear design experience, with a deep knowledge of both lifestyle and performance products.
- Strong understanding of the footwear process and manufacturing to help influence ways of working
- You have a keen interesting in educating and guiding team members and developing talent
- Good knowledge in performance and lifestyle footwear materials
- Deep understanding of consumer profiling, tiering and regional expectations
- You have an innovative mind with a strong drive to pushing the boundaries of footwear design
- Strong interest for performance footwear, athletes data as well as a connection to sports and are able to translate those into products
- You have excellent 2D software skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe CS), 3D software skills (Modo, Cinema 4D) are definitely a plus
- You have high sketching and mock-up skills
- You have a structured mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are able to work in a fast-moving environment and handling several projects and seasons at the same time
- You have a strong working method and community spirit with cross-functional teams.
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken, any other language would be a plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.