At a Glance
We are looking for a Retail Project Manager to materialize On’s future DTC and Franchise retail environments and join us at our APAC Headquarter office in Shanghai.
Your blend between project management, construction systems, financial oversight and high design orientation will play critical role in all new store openings (and eventual remodels) globally, with a special focus on the Chinese Franchising roll-out, and open the door to On’s next growth phase.
As you might expect from a running brand with an emphasis on design and performance, the Retail Expansion Team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This small but dynamic team packs a huge punch and leads retail development projects globally: from market analysis and strategy, to concepts and final delivery.
You will be responsible for all aspects of store construction, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget at the highest design standards. You will seek to drive innovation and optimize project management whenever possible.
Together we will shape the architecture, behavior and culture of the On’s customer-facing homes. With ambitious and innovative projects in the pipeline, the team is looking for its next all-star!
- Manage the construction process for new stores globally with a special focus on the Chinese Franchising market expansion, including project schedule, cost control and 360 coordination.
- Lead internal and external project stakeholders including architects, contractors, suppliers and consultants to meet overall project objectives.
- Discuss and shape the On’s Retail Experience together with the Franchising Partner to suit the market specific’s trends and commercial orientation
- Key player in supporting design and procurement in the technical evaluation of new suppliers and products, lead and manage price negotiations and provide the necessary information for calls for tenders.
- Spearhead further development and technical improvement of fixtures and elements with emphasis on value engineering, better roll-out efficiency, modularity, packaging and logistics.
- Supervise and develop technical and quality guidelines, manuals.
- Ensure architectural and experiential intent are met at the highest of standards.
- Travel to job sites as necessary to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Degree in Architecture or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in managing multiple simultaneous international retail construction projects, including bidding and negotiation.
- Highly motivated, capable of working in a self-driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Team player, ability to work and interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high strong attention to detail and holistic view approach
- Working knowledge of architecture-specific design tools such as AutoCAD and project management software
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.