At a Glance:
As an Apparel Trims Specialist, you will support in the strategy and building of the trims department within the materials business unit, as well as execute the developments of all new hard and soft trims, from concept through to sale-team samples.
You will work in close collaboration with Apparel Development in the application of trims as well as with your peers in the Apparel Materials team, to ensure we have high-spec garments with On’s residual values of sustainability and performance in mind. You will report into the Senior trims specialist and have constant communication with the Design/Development/PM teams on a working level.
- Trims would include Hard trims (Toggles, Zippers etc) as well as soft trims (Drawcords, heat seam tapes etc)
- Create and execute new trim developments based on design/development briefs, utilising suppliers’ capabilities to drive newness and innovation. Also proactively come to the table with new trim excitement to all for Material/Trim led design/development.
- Build a core trims toolbox and supplier base for efficient trim application as well as drive of newness. Work collaboratively with cross-functional Materials departments to streamline efficiency.
- Work towards material-specific targets in regard to the On sustainability roadmap in line with Sustainability department.
- Work closely with other member of development and production teams to plan project development according to the seasonal structure that lead to on–time delivery trims
- Review all prototypes/samples and feedback to manufacturers in conjunction with development team
- Participate in meetings and improve project workflows in order to guide design and development team and ensure proper development trims while meeting cost, quality and brand objectives
- Feed Trims information on quality, price and production lead times, alongside the Materials team, into the PLM systems. Constantly update as information changes.
- Continuously keep on top of the Material/Trims library and tools for the product creation teams.
- Work with QA to ensure Trims are going through testing.
- Lead the lab dipping process inline with Apparel materials from creation stage through to Sales-team sampling.
- Assist with strong relationships built with Material/Trim suppliers and chemical vendors through clear communication and collaboration.
- Liaise with all working level Apparel Design, Product Developers, Product Management, the Material Innovation, Sustainability, Supply Chain as well as the Testing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Textile Sciences, Product Engineering/Technology from a global leading university or related field.
- Previous experience in a trim related role, ideally within the Sportswear Apparel industry
- Affinity for Sportswear Apparel design and technology, with a key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Understanding of the industry’s processes and eagerness to learn proactively as well as with full team support.
- Strong eye for product aesthetics with an opinion on how to think and act strategically.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.