We are recruiting for an Junior Import Merchandiser to assist in the efficient management of the company stockholding, in both the factories and warehouses, ensuring that stock is ordered, produced and delivered on time in full to meet both customer forward order demand and forecasted sales targets for the business as well as provide administrative support across the Merchandising team where required.
Key responsibilities of Junior Import Merchandiser (including but not limited to):
- Efficiently manage the stock-holding for the designated factories to ensure stock is available on time in the right quantities to service customer demand.
- Work with the Senior Merchandisers to manage the order critical path from placement through to delivery ensuring suppliers are kept to the production deadlines so that stock is available on time.
- Work with the freight forwarders to ensure stock is booked for onward transit in a timely manner, all paperwork and documentation is correct and comparable quotes have been obtained and authorized for any airfreight required
- Work with the Senior Merchandisers to build strong two-way working relationships with the factories by giving clear instructions, holding regular meetings and working together to solve any problems or issues that arise
- Communicate closely with the customer sales team to ensure they have full visibility of customer order delivery dates and that they are fully aware of any delays or issues that could impact these dates. Ensure the delivery dates are accurate on the system at all times.
- Support the merchandising team with administrative tasks including raising PO’s, sizing orders, updating dates in the system, freight decisions and raising invoices.
To join us as Junior Import Merchandiser you must have:
- Previous experience in an Assistant or Junior Merchandising position from a retail or import merchandising background
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Able to work within a team and on own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workload
- A high level of IT competency across MS Office suite, predominately Excel
- Organised and methodical with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Able to provide the Buying and Merchandising team with excellent service
- Experience and competency in MS Navision
What we can offer you in return
A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience, contributory pension scheme, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life Assurance and Employee Assistance Programme. There are great staff discounts on our products, and we offer a wide range of reciprocal trade discounts on climbing, bikes, camping, sailing and running equipment.
We have a casual dress code, and we operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed environment, but we work hard to get the job done. We have great modern office facilities; free on-site parking and we are proud to be a climate neutral company.
Our team is based at our Head Office just outside The Peak District National Park off jct28 of the M1 corridor.
Closing date for applications is 22 May 2022
For general enquiries please contact: email@example.com
Strictly No Agencies please
Our people are part of one team that is geared to achieving success for the company, and we are strongly committed to inclusivity, promoting equality and celebrating diversity among our staff. We are looking for people who are passionate about and can help live our values of Synergy, Ingenuity, Ambition, Determination and Integrity.