At a Glance:
Product excellence and innovation is at the heart of our success. Achieving a leadership position in the marketplace requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders. The Senior Apparel Developer will be responsible for driving this creation and being a part of the development to bring high performing product to life. With a process and detail orientated mind coupled with a passion for innovation this position will be part of the creation of tomorrows effortless Performance Running apparel.
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our apparel collections. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Development, Design and Innovation to create something extraordinary.
- Build and realise a collection that pushes the boundaries of our apparel through innovation. Respond to the needs of ON runners by fusing the unrivalled function with timeless design
- Oversee every aspect of product development bringing great value to products throughout brands mission, design and quality. With a highly focused design eye, combined with extensive experience in apparel manufacturing and an understanding of industry advancements in innovation, you’ll be the lead driver of critical product for our premium running range.
- Develop products and construction techniques that meet design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined cost and functionality requirements. In addition, developing products that focus solely on improving the performance of runners through complex and innovative garments that ensure our customers can train and perform better than they did before.
- Work with design to produce Tech Packs for seasonal assortments to assure that quality expectations are understood by suppliers. Establish and realise technical performance testing standards to be applied to all running apparel products, ensuring these products are built to withstand the extraordinary pressure our customers expect.
- Implement and supervise all details of tech pack development including technical artwork, material and component specifications, color application through utilisation of Adobe Illustrator and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Organise and lead fitting sessions to a high standard and assure clear and timely communication with factories on changes. With the ability to manage complex fitting requirements, create new fitting standards for our customers so each product is build for the specific conditions and needs of each runner, location and activity.
- Partner with the Material Manager to recommend materials and source new fabrications to develop innovative and technically superior products each season
- Liaise with the Development Lead and Product Manager to identify product needs, align with product delivery schedules and product sales performance
- Build a strong relationship with key business partners; material and trim suppliers and garment manufacturers
- Lead and own the development process of special projects to assure the quality and integrity of all products
- Bachelor’s degree or above in fashion design or technical education in garment manufacturing
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive work experience in Apparel development
- Affinity for contemporary Apparel and knowing to read and translate On’s design vision and product strategy
- Solid level of technical skills, including pattern cutting, in-depth garment manufacturing knowledge, garment testing and material management
- Experience with intimate products and the unique development requirements, such as sports bras.
- Organised and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- International experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills and a sense for the market
- Good experience in Adobe illustrator, photoshop, Microsoft Office & PLM systems
- Able to work at a fast pace, think and react quickly with the ever changing environment
- Able to travel on a regular basis between HQ and production and development partners
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
What we offer: