Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Sample Coordinator & Sales Tools Support (Temporary contract) to join our Multichannel Operations department team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The role has 2 main area of focus: Samples Coordination and Sales Tool Support.
He/she will be responsible for managing the seasonal samples calendar and process, working with the Merchants, Operations, DC and Commercial team to secure that all samples are bought, received and delivered in support of the seasonal GTM process maximizing sample set efficiency and matching Budget constraints.
He/she will support with operative tasks the good working of the sales tools as MobiMedia, B2B, Digital Workbook, VF Portal, Virtual Showroom, helping sales team and customers to book their orders.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Maintain and co-ordinate the Seasonal Samples calendar, ensuring that all parties are aware of their roles and responsibilities and monitor progress against these goals.
- Coordinate the collection of the business requirements for sample buys collecting country / retail / Distributor & internal needs.
- Track needs and requirements vs the financial budgets set.
- Create and keep all sales sample records updated every season;
- Maintain updated sample Master file with the US/EU planning Department modifications;
- Monitor sample delivery progress versus the samples demands and keep management and area sales managers informed of estimated delivery plans;
- Work with area managers and the DC to prioritise sample order release for key meeting/show dates;
- Key all sales sample orders to SAP system and control the Pick Ticket release in order to ensure the DC sequence deliveries correctly.
- Manage and track Marketing samples across all departments – ensuring that business needs are met accordingly.
- Ensure SMU or “in-season” development samples are tracked and managed according to the agreed business needs.
- After sales meeting manage the return, to each market, of their pre samples used, for the sales meeting.
- Provide finance with the information requirement to support the creation and update of the financial plan
- Manage the overall control of samples and report on eventual utilisation / wastage in the process.
- Drive and Co-ordinate process improvements with a view to balancing; market requirements, cost reduction efforts & volumes reduction in support of cross functional priorities.
- Maintain the B2B/MM platform updated with the last Lineplan and product assortment
- Creation of Campaign code, upload of Images (static,3D,360), Product description, Marketing stories.
- Creation of digital catalogue by product category, gender and segmentation reflecting new adds and article drops
- Integrate Virtual Showroom
- Work in close relationship with the rest of the team to gather content/data internally
Skills for Success
- 1/2 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor or master’s degree preferably in Economics or Finance
- Fluent English
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
- Problem solving
- Understanding of go to market process
- Expertise in sales operations topics
- Highly proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Powerpoint, expert Excel user)
- Capable to understand complex processes, to combine multiple tasks and to work against deadlines
- Great in building relationship with various departments and strong communication skills
- Interest in fashion industry
- Nice to have: Solid knowledge of ERP systems (i.e.SAP), B2B tools, order entry tools and e-com platforms
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!