The Product Designer & Developer is responsible for executing the development process for Bluegrass range of body protections, gloves and accessories, from the initial concept, design and reviews, prototyping, production sampling, and into finished product at the manufacturer.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Design and develop original, innovative new products that combine function and aesthetics
- Research, analyze and identify new trends and ideas
- Research materials and techniques
- Proactively follow the execution of all details from concept to a final product
- Create functional prototypes to verify design intent
- Develop technical drawings and data sheets
- Collaborate with Testing department to evaluate designs to applicable safety standards
- Provide constant support to Manufacturing, both by remote and on-site factory visits
- Review samples and clearly communicate changes to Manufacturing
- Degree in Product Design or related field
- 3 years’ experience designing and developing technical sport garments
- Knowledge of textiles, materials, manufacturing techniques and supply chain
- Experience building prototypes for testing and fitting
- CAD and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) skills
- Passion for outdoor sports (mountain biking, skiing, climbing, hiking, running, etc.)
- Passion for design and performance perfection
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel to Asia to support R&D and Manufacturing
MET spa, Talamona (SO), North of Italy
At MET we live and breathe our products with passion which enables us to produce bicycle helmets and garments that have set industry standards. We are looking for a passionate and forward thinking Designer who shares our values and will become another brand champion in our team.
We understand that it’s our team that helps us to be successful and we do our best to make MET a rewarding and fun place to work. We are based in the beautiful Valtellina valley nestled in the Italian Alps 100km from the Stelvio and 20km from lake Como. We have the perfect location for people who love the outdoors and the Italian culture.