We are looking for an outstanding Product Merchandiser – Logowear to join our The North Face in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world's largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands
Let’s talk about the role!
You will lead the product process for the "Off Mountain" Logowear Category to create best-in-class product and manage the EU product line through its full life cycle.
You will be working in close collaboration with the Senior Product Merchandising Manager on Product performance (including sales and margin targets, product execution, and evaluation and implementation of new opportunities), as well as on assortments that deliver category plan KPI’s, logical line plans and visual line plans. (Product, price, color), keeping track of all product related systems we are using.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Drive seasonal briefs to design, fabric and development on Logowear direction, line plan, product features, pricing hierarchy and ensure the timely execution of products following the seasonal critical path
- Work together with product development and design during fit and costing reviews.
- Keep track of all products related systems we are using
- Lead marketplace & competitor benchmark to ensure product offering remains competitive and identify new opportunities in the market
- Support in managing SMS buy, line locks, Workbooks, hangtags process
Merchandising led approach
- Deliver channel segmentation, tiering, consumer, end use.
- Deliver product with logical architecture. Product, price & color. Create separation without duplication.
- Deliver product based on assortment plans and classification plans formats and targets.
- Deliver product to meet volume driver goals. Franchise key items. Classification attacks.
- Deliver product based on lifecycle goals. Appropriate innovation & newness by season.
- Drive marketplace differentiation. Retail vs. Wholesale. For Strategic accounts based on feedback
- Productivity. Year on year improvement. Based on set goals.
- Drive strategy to reduce time to market for the Logowear category.
- Know the competition (innovations, materials, features / benefits, pricing architecture, best sellers)
- Trends. Know where the market is heading next (reference brands, products, materials, features / benefits, price)
- Gather and filter seasonal market feedback and input to for the current or future seasons.
- Understand the complexities of the lifestyle consumer & marketplace landscape
- Deliver clear, concise and commercial seasonal briefs to design and development that deliver business goals. On time based on development and sales calendar.
- Drive cross-functional partnerships with forecasting, sales, retail and marketing during the Go-to-Market process as well as Global counterparts
- Present at product launch, GTM key milestones and fairs
- Partner across functions to create a strong ‘1 Team’ culture of support, visibility and sharing.
What you need to succeed?
- You have a University degree, and at least 4 years’ experience in a Lifestyle or Outdoor environment
- You are fluent in English (other languages a bonus)
- You have strong skills in excel and powerpoint
- Knowledge on SAP and Enovia would be a plus
- You have a passion for streetwear & fashion
- You have a ‘Can do’ attitude
- You are detail oriented
- You are a strong communicator
- You are team oriented
What's in it for you?
- Be part of iconic lifestyle brands
- Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward
- International and challenging working culture
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- 50% discount on all VF brands
- Subsidized canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!