VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Inventory Manager to join our Operations team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Inventory Manager will be in charge of Inventory forecasting and optimization across a multi-node environment.
You will be responsible for monthly inventory forecasting cycle preparation, ensuring Inventory level targets achievement (Gross/Distressed/Days) across all different channels, driving the open to buy process and optimizing inventory across DCs in Europe. You will provide fulfilment centres with the most updated inbound and outbound figures to identify risks and ops.
You will work closely with Planning team (Wholesale and DTC), Brand and Supply Chain Finance, CS teams, DC, Sourcing, Logistics, Sales Operations and the Product Acquisition (Bangalore)
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
Leading the monthly Inventory cycle, both actuals and forecast, evaluating future actions to reach the Inventory Days target for both WHS and DTC for the EMEA Region. Present the data to Supply Chain Finance and discuss with the different teams during the month the required follow up to improve and control the Inventory position
- Preparing Distressed Inventory Generation and Liquidation forecast, coordinating meetings and activities to keep a proper level of inventory and proposing liquidation actions when needed during Inventory Tire Check Meeting with Merch, Sales Operation, Brand and Supply Chain Finance departments. Work closely with DCs and Sustainability departments, for what concerns Vans EMEA Donation process to support the local communities
- Coordinating the monthly open to buy cycle for DTC (B&M, Ecom, Concessions, Digital Concessions), reviewing the seasonal targets looking at the inventory position and supporting the different channels in taking corrective actions when and where needed
- Optimizing the Rebalance and Rerouting process in support of order coverage and stock availability across the two DCs, working with Senior Inventory Analyst, Planning, Customer Service and coordinating the activities with DC teams.
- Driving DC Inbound and Outbound forecast report creation, updating, and sharing with the DCs. Focus on highlighting pick months, main brand stories launch and any other factors which may impact the DC capacity. Attend weekly calls with DC teams to discuss on monthly Inbound, Processing and Outbound performance, driving prioritization and liaising with other departments when needed
- Liaising the S&OP deck preparation (Executive, Brand, Global), collecting needed information from others relevant departments on Inventory position, Revenue update, Order Coverage and any Risk and Opportunity for the Brand from an operational standpoint. Drive deck review with Operations management
- Managing the Snr Inventory Analyst within Inventory team, defining team activities and workload to hit department and Brand goals
Skills for Success
You should be a team player, excellent communicator and drive results through proper decision making, with:
The ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- The capability to ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’ s needs
- A keen interest in developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- The capability of clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- The ability to set high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Fluent English
- Strong analytical skills with Excellence in MS Office Excel and Outlook
A University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Management/Supply Chain and 5 Year experience in Supply Chain role, preferably on Inventory management are required a pre-requisite because of the high exposure and criticality of the role within our organization.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!