At a Glance:
- Drive and lead PAD and Collaborations Material development team and processes from initial brief through to handover to production (Wovens/Warp/Weft/Circular Knits etc) in both synthetic and natural fibres.
- Ensure heightened materiality per product need, enhancing the garment fit, elaborate trims and finishings in relation to design and material.
- Oversee the full collection from initial design hand-over to sales team samples, and monitor material calendar, material choices and ensure detailed explanations to suppliers, with the support of the Material Specialists.
- Prepare and hold presentations to Sales and Marketing to support internal cross functional teams (Global Sales Meeting, Seasonal Range Brief, Product launch)
- Supervise the material testing processes, evaluate the feedback channels and coordinate the improvements.
- Draft, verify and control more agile Material development structures, to achieve shorter processes whilst increasing product quality
- Control price calculation and lead negotiation with suppliers.
- Identify potential new material partners and build on the growing material sourcing strategy, in collaboration with Head of Sourcing.
- On board new suppliers and work with them to align with our processes and sustainability guidelines.
- Identify category growth opportunities and new market product potential, in relation to both technologies and new categories of business.
- Build, lead and train a material team, which features solid understanding of the company’s design identity and technical excellence.
- Cultivate a proactive and entrepreneurial team culture.
- Initiate and foster strong relationships with Apparel Design, Product Management, Development, collaborate with Testing, Sustainability, Supply Chain (weekly meeting, QA), and partner with Marketing and Sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology from a global leading university or related field.
- 7+ years of global experience (Asia travel as a fundamental) in Apparel/Soft Accessories within the Performance Sportswear industry, with 2+ years of experience in leading a team.
- 3+ years of experience within Collabs/Lifestyle collections.
- Extensive experience and ability to travel globally on a regular basis to material suppliers/mills to create, develop and source On materials, in line with strategy and vision.
- Heightened experience in project management from creative direction through to production.
- Affinity for Sportswear Apparel materials design and technology, with an eye for aesthetics and a key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Excellent understanding of the industry’s processes with ability to lead cross-functional projects toward a vision collaboratively.
- Strong eye for product aesthetics and track record of innovation though performance materials with ability to think and act strategically.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Highly attentive to detail and has the ability to build, organise, and create effective presentations and strategy documents.
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to maximise the productivity of the application team.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.