At a Glance:
- You will lead the Zurich-based Footwear Engineering Tooling team.
- You will provide Footwear technical design constraints & solutions, material choices & product construction input by using your demonstrated knowledge of materials, mould construction and manufacturing methods
- You are the main point of contact and expert when it comes to creating/organizing Blueprint creations based on design drawings, for the technical product description of our performance footwear
- You will act as the expert for 2D/3D modelling, corrections and mould layout for the durability of soles as well as manufacturability
- You will analyze and improve product designs for manufacturability and production by offering solutions and still achieving quality and performance targets
- You will use your understanding of cost implementations of individual moulding methods as well as actual tooling designs to give recommendations
- You will act as the main point of contact when assisting the development and design team with any tooling related questions or issues
- You will collaborate with our Asian counterparts and support mould shop teams
- You will evaluate work processes for future improvements whilst closely collaborating and communicating with our Asian Sourcing team
- You will offer support to Innovation technology projects when needed.
- You hold a higher education degree in an Engineering field or another relevant field
- You have you 6+ of experience within an engineering role and 4+ within the footwear industry in engineering role working closely with development and production
- You have experience in building up, leading and scaling high performing teams.
- You have demonstrated expertise in footwear engineering (tooling) processes and working with international production partners
- You have demonstrated expertise in tooling, manufacturing (within performance footwear) and cost engineering as well as an ability to provide solutions within complex constraints
- You have knowledge with mold making for performance footwear as well as have knowledge in footwear manufacturing
- You are excellent experience working with materials used within footwear
- You are fluent in English
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.