At a Glance
The world’s fastest-growing sports brand is expanding its group reporting and accounting policy team in our Headquarter office in Zürich and we’re looking for a group reporting & accounting policy manager. We are excited to offer this role to an experienced, critical thinking, problem-solving individual responsible for the consolidation and reporting of the company’s IFRS financial statements in compliance with the rules and regulation of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Additionally, the individual will act as subject matter expert on IFRS and SEC topics, and support other reporting initiatives (e.g. ESG, other). You will work in an environment where we make ideas happen fast, and you can react quickly and proactively supporting our financial reporting team. With your proven subject matter knowledge, you will also be a part of different implementation projects as the company continues to grow.
Join us and be part of our forward-thinking and action-orientated international finance team. We constantly strive to handle growth and to shape tomorrow’s best-practices by thinking differently, acting cross-functionally and making use of the latest technology. We live with agile values, not just talk about it. This role is part of the group finance team and reports directly to the head of group reporting.
- Ensure the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS and SEC rules and regulations;
- Perform monthly analysis of the company’s financial statements and results;
- Assess IFRS and SEC technical matters and prepare or review technical memorandums;
- Further develop and improve the company’s consolidation and group reporting tool functionalities (LucaNet, Workiva, Looker), incl. ERP system setup logic, SEC filing setup and XBRL, ESG reporting, etc.;
- Train global and local and accounting teams as it relates to accounting policies, consolidation, group reporting, and SEC rules and regulations; and
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including group controlling, auditors, legal and SEC counsel, investor relations, SOX team, sustainability team and consultants.
- Lead exciting ad hoc tasks and projects in an emerging environment
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant (U.S. CPA a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in accounting, consolidation, and financial reporting of US listed companies or Foreign Private Issuers (FPIs) as part of a financial reporting team within industry for companies subject to SEC rules and regulations, or have been part of public accounting firms (Big4 or similar) as an auditor or consulting of US listed companies or FPIs. Otherwise, extensive experience with financial reporting for other listed organisations will also be considered.
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven mindsets with strong hands-on execution skills
- Someone with a passion for environmental, social and governance matters
- Evidence of strong leadership skills and passion for developing others
- Experience in dealing with technical accounting matters
- Proven independent mindset, ownership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and organised person, with excellent communication skills, fast learner, who can leverage prior experience in providing tailor made solutions
- Driven individual who is committed to a high degree of accuracy and embracing continuous improvements by proposing better way of doing things
- Understanding stakeholder needs and requirements in a fast-changing environment with ability to deal with deadlines and delivering based on priorities
- Strong expertise in MS Excel, experience with Dynamics 365, Workiva and LucaNet is a plus
- Business proficiency in English
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.