At a Glance:
The Material team at On is both creative and technical – We translate design visions into performance materials through technical knowledge and experience, but equally come to the table with newness from outside suppliers when the time is right.
As the glue that binds design, development and product management together, we are a new team that’s gaining momentum. Materials are getting recognition for how integral they are in product creation, so we need proactive, entrepreneurial people to hit the ground running.
- Manage end-to-end material sourcing based on On’s sourcing strategy. Identify, develop and manage material suppliers and technical material support to analyze lead time and process (e.g. sourcing policies, quality standards and best target prices) in accordance to HQ material direction, HQ briefs and On’s Product Development Center and its factories.
- Evaluate and aim for material-specific targets in regards to the On’s sustainability roadmap as well as identify opportunities for gains in material performance, sustainability and efficiency.
- Support Toolbox initiatives: Select, review and update the core and seasonal material toolboxes as well as the IT based PLM system. Support the Material libraries management in On’s Vietnam locations.
- Liaise and align with laboratory on physical testing criteria and standards. Oversee that all materials are tested and approved by QA while problem solving and advising on material improvements through understanding of yarns, material structures and polymers.
- Build and foster strong relationships and communicative channels with material suppliers and chemical vendors. Track and manage strategic suppliers based on individual vendor profiles: strategic and in-line.
- Engage with Planning and factories to communicate seasonal material forecasts to suppliers and liaise with Design, Product Development, (HQ & ASIA) Product Management, Innovation, and Sustainability teams, on sample specifications and delivery.
- You’ve got a degree in Footwear Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology, but you’re not ready to stop learning just yet.
- A real expert in your field, you’ve worked in global footwear industry, or relevant industry, for at least 5 years, within Asia suppliers.
- Affinity for Footwear design and technology, particularly in the technical performance category, with an eye for aesthetics and key awareness of technical materials both within the industry and analogous industries.
- A true team player, you understand and respect the importance of collaboration and compromise.
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Good command of English communication. Mandarin is a plus.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.