Location: Munich or Frankfurt, Germany
Reports to: Country Manager GER & AUS
Effective Date: ASAP
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a results-driven Key Account Representative to support our Lifestyle distribution and our Department Stores in Germany for Columbia. The role can be based in Munich or Frankfurt and is to work as a core member of the German & Austrian sales team. Responsibilities include account planning, customizing, and implementing “Go to market” seasonal guidelines on sales plans for all accounts, coordinating product presentations, working closely with Customer Service and Credit, and reporting on competitor brands activity. This role is a crucial element of our Urban Outdoor strategy in-market and is focused on a quickly growing channel at Columbia.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work closely with Country Manager to establish appropriate sales goals based on European Roadmap and priorities, sales history analysis, good relationships with accounts and projected market trends. This includes a 3-year strategic plan.
- Drive an omnichannel approach to ensure visibility and performance across physical and digital channels of the assigned customers.
- Achieve pre-orders targets and sales targets on a seasonal basis for every account by, according to “go to market” guidelines, developing and implementing sales strategies that promote the sale and sell-through of assigned Columbia Sportswear brands portfolio and/or products categories in a responsible manner. Maintain agreed level of gross profit margin for all accounts in line with sales strategy. Seek new business opportunities with prospective accounts in line with the sales and distribution strategy.
- All along the season, develop sales by proactively looking for reorders and in season new orders according to available products. Assist Key Accounts buyers or allocators to closely manage warehouse and in store level of stock and deliveries. Follow up on sell through with them. Propose sales strategy to convert preorder booking into shipments.
- Provide regular and documented sales & performance reporting (defined KPIs + sell out) as well as feedback on the progress of the various accounts and projects you are responsible for.
- Develop a strong relationship to the account teams with the support of monthly / weekly meetings. Driving a rolling action plan.
- Visit on a regular basis the key doors of the assigned customers in order to develop : gross to net optimization, training, brand visibility, competitive benchmark etc.
- Assist each season to merchandise the showrooms to presentation standard. Develop and agree plan for every account with VM team to ensure retail staff are trained each season on products and marketing initiatives.
- Works together with Planning and the Customer Service departments to ensure effective working relationships and regular communication.
- University-level diploma or degree in Business Administration or related discipline. Related equivalent experience can substitute for education requirements.
- From 3-5 years of sales experience, including strong experience managing Key Accounts or/and Department Stores for a Apparel/Sportswear/Fashion or Footwear brand.
- Experience in territory management. Experience of selling to the outdoor trade would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of the Lifestyle and Sneakers industry and a willingness to share this knowledge with your team.
- Experience using order management systems and working with product pricing and inventory is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook Word and Excel.
- German and English fluent.
- Able to analyze market conditions and respond with appropriate strategies and direction.
- Commercial aggressively with an ability to increase the market and find new opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to Manage objections and value Customer Orientation.
- A true team player who enjoys connecting and learning from others. You also like to bring fun at work !
- An outdoor/sports passionate who enjoys sharing its passion.
- Passionate about learning new skills and always bring a Growth mindset !
We are all about connecting active people with their passions. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong.
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.