VF Northern Europe is looking for an exceptional HR Assistant to join our People Services team based in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a HR Assistant you provide end to end support and coaching across the employee life cycle.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will work in a truly varied role combining operational HR case management with all aspects of the employee journey including starters, changes, and leavers. You will achieve this by:
- Supporting and coaching Managers as a first line advisor on policies and ER cases up to and including Tier 2 level.
- Organising and managing new starter inductions at our Head Office and supporting the onboarding process to provide a great candidate experience.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems, policies, and procedures to drive business performance.
- Analyse data and produce reports on HR statistics as and when required.
- Undertake administrative tasks for the complete employee lifecycle, this will include but it not limited to logging absences, monitoring probation periods, managing all parental leave requests, creating and changing employee records.
Skills for Success
You should be an exceptional HR Professional. The successful candidate will have responsibility and accountability for the full employee life cycle and will be involved in all areas of the People Services function.
- The ability to prioritise workloads and activities
- The capability to organise with great communication skills
- An understanding of employment law would be beneficial
- An expertise in supporting and coaching to our managers on HR related matters
- A keen interest in all things people related and a desire to develop in this area
A formal education and CIPD qualifications are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
- Health Cash plan for discounted optical and dentistry
- Employee Assistance Programme providing support for personal
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!