VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Merchandiser Apparel/Footwear to join our EMEA Regional Product Creation Team team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a Merchandiser Apparel/Footwear you will support in the creation of regionally designed and developed product intended for the EMEA Market and create meaningful relationships with cross functional departments as an integral part of the regional creation team. You will report to the Senior Manager.
How You Will Make a Difference
We are inspired by an individual with energy and a desire to learn and who possesses an excellent understanding of the lifestyle fashion market and trends. You will help bring to life regional briefs that effectively communicate the consumer-focused perspective of the competitive landscape.
We cannot wait to see you bring your creative approach, confidence, and style to produce the most effective brand strategy for our company!
You will achieve this by:
- You own the article creation process and communicate updates to the relevant teams (design, merch, product development, etc.) in line with the creation calendar
- Strong and clear cross functional communication with the above-mentioned departments
- Maintain a close collaboration with the Design and Development team to confirm accuracy of the projects as well as provide further info when needed
- Partner with EMEA Product Development team keeping them informed as projects progress from concept to creation
- Establish a close collaboration with the regional and global team structure to receive and share feedback and insights
- Adhere to the global and regional product development and go to market calendar and prepare for key milestones
- Ensure data excellence through PLM/Flex and seasonal line list updates
- Contribute to the cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Skills for Success:
You are a curious and driven individual, with an interest in the product creation process and a desire to learn.
- 5+ years of experience in the apparel/fashion industry in product management, buying, merchandising or similar function, of which minimum 2 years in merchandising
- Demonstrated knowledge of the target consumer, EMEA market and of product trends, especially in the lifestyle category with a strong consumer focus
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Strong interpersonal communication, project management and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter attitude and willingness to learn
- Microsoft Office, Keynote, and basic Adobe Illustrator skills
- Agile working style with the ability to demonstrate great organizational skills to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details and time-sensitivity
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!