OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Talent Acquisition Partner to join our HR team in Geneva, Switzerland (HQ EMEA). Your role will entail developing recruiting plans for Columbia Sportswear in Europe (across 10 Countries and all functions), generating new leads through strong sourcing capabilities, and coming up with innovative approaches to attract, and hire active and passive talent.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that Columbia Sportswear Company is hiring the best of the best while partnering with our hiring managers and HR business partners to achieve, and exceed, all our talent and business goals.
In summary, the Talent Acquisition Partner is a Columbia ambassador who drives the candidate experience and ensures we have a rich pipeline to support our European Roadmap. This role includes constant exposure to our Regional Management and Leadership team.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop and execute recruitment and hiring strategies that yield the best candidates for Columbia Sportswear in Europe (across 10 Countries and all functions), in partnership with the Sr Talent Management Partner, HRBPs, and Hiring Managers.
- As an internal sourcing expert, you oversee proactive searching in our ATS and via external channels for talents of diverse backgrounds that will enrich our organization. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Conduct, document interviews, and track all candidates. Deliver regular reports to hiring managers, and the HRBPs team.
- Recommend best candidates to be interviewed by HRBPs, Hiring Managers, and Department Directors.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with hiring managers and associated HRBP to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans, making necessary adjustments to meet hiring needs.
- Act as a true DEI agent of change. Ensure you present diverse talents, integrate diversity & inclusion in your long-term strategy, and actively search for ways to improve our diversity.
- Be the ambassador / first point of contact at Columbia and deliver an impactful message to attract, connect and engage with candidates. Deliver an exceptional candidate experience throughout the sourcing and pre-assessment and maintain strong relationships during the whole process.
- Bring value in terms of a strategic partnership with the business, providing market and talent insights to Leadership, Hiring Managers, and the HR community, to help drive long-term success.
- Responsible for training our Hiring Managers about Recruitment Best Practices.
- Create and maintain Partnerships with relevant universities, and schools, to source candidates and interns.
- Become an active member of the Columbia TA community, to brainstorm, share, and adopt Best Practices internally.
- Create and nurture an external Talent Pool for identified key positions, or key skills & competencies.
- Act as a TA Project Manager when necessary and lead actions to improve our processes, tools, training, employer branding etc…
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of Recruiting experience for a large variety of functions, ideally within a Recruitment Agency.
- Experience in recruiting for multiple countries in Europe would be ideal (mainly Switzerland, France, Germany, U.K., Italy and Spain).
- Strong communication skills, ability to engage and convince potential passive candidates to join Columbia. Perfect French and English fluency are a must.
- Solid sourcing skills are a must with the ability to develop recruiting plans for hard-to-fill requisitions.
- Ability to partner, collaborate, consult, and gain trust quickly with all levels of our organization (including Senior Management)
- Experience in Retail, Apparel, or Footwear industries would be a plus.
- Passionate and curious: Able to lead the investigation and find the right profiles. You enjoy learning about industries, market, people… Being an Outdoor/sports enthusiastic is always a plus and being able to embody our values as an Outdoor company is important.
- A Sourcing expert and a Boolean Search Master.
- Organized: You can orchestrate multiple activities at once and absorb between 15 and 20 vacancies simultaneously.
- People Agile and Open-minded: You have empathy, are an active listener, and have a good eye for talent.
- Sales and Results-oriented: You have a strong ability to negotiate and convince a passive candidate to become a candidate. You are motivated by reaching targets.
- Perseverant: you pursue with energy, drive, and need to finish. You can deal with resistance or setbacks.
- Data accurate: Ensures profiles are updated and precise in our ATS (Workday).
- Innovative: Can start again from scratch by thinking out of the box.
- You are at ease working in a matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity.
- You enjoy bringing fun and energy to work.
- Able to learn and acquire new search skills with a growth mindset!
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.